GBTG 12-Sep-14
Bloodtrail 12-Sep-14
Glassman 14-Sep-14
Dampland 17-Sep-14
Bloodtrail 17-Sep-14
Kman43 17-Sep-14
VilasBowhunter 19-Sep-14
07-Sep-14
Recently purchased the Moultrie M-880c game camera. Not impressed - no night time pictures - the screen is black. Took it home and re-tested it. Its works...for a bit!

Always been a Moutrie man - as I just purchased now a Moutrie M990i camera - reviews are all over the board.

I like the video option and the pictures are good - but had a black picture as well and a bear at the bait and only one picture. I know he was there for some time.

Should I consider something else?

What works for you?

07-Sep-14
I have switched over to the new Stealth Cam G42NGs. I am very happy with the night time photos and the video is awesome!!! Last week I had 43 10 second video clips and the battery still read at 100%. I will try and post some examples.

07-Sep-14
I bought the 990i a month ago and it is good but not great. Still seems slow and takes some pics of nothing. My next cam I'm looking at covert or Bushnell.

07-Sep-14
Reconyx is my favorite but I like my 4 Moultrie M80XDs. I am not big on the black flash cameras as they don't have long distance flash range most of the time.

07-Sep-14
Reconyx is my favorite but I like my 4 Moultrie M80XDs. I am not big on the black flash cameras as they don't have long distance flash range most of the time.

08-Sep-14
I have all Bushnell's and don't have any problems with them. The night-time pics get grainy and poor if the batteries are getting low, but a quick switch changes it back to good. They have video capabilities but I use 3-burst as I think it just takes way too long to review all of the videos. The field-scan mode is great for scanning entire food plots, I use a 1 min delay the last 2 hours of daylight and get pics of bucks I wouldn't have otherwise got with the standard mode. Battery life is fantastic, can normally get a season+ on a set of 8 AA's.

08-Sep-14
Bloodtrail I use the same camera which I've had for over a year and its worked great.

08-Sep-14
Reconyx is by far my favorite, but is also pricey... I like the Bushnell cameras for the price range. Had one stolen this past week, which absolutely drives me nuts, but thankfully it wasn't a Reconyx.

PS- If you know of any dirtbags who trespass and steel cameras kick them in the nuts.

08-Sep-14
Reconyx, I have heard good things about Covert as well.

08-Sep-14
My memory.

08-Sep-14
Pasq - Heard tell you have a photographic memory - just hasnt "developed" yet! :^)

08-Sep-14
You lose a Reconyx - ya lose a bundle! By far the best in the west from what I am told, but the price tag...ouch!

On the other hand...I guess at times ya get what ya pay for!

08-Sep-14
Browning

08-Sep-14
I have three Moultries and one Cuddyback. The Cuddy is junk. Love the Moultries.

09-Sep-14
I bought a bunch of the "low" end Browning cameras and I'm very happy with the quality of the photos and videos. Plus, you can purchase a really quality security box to be python cabled to the tree.

It's unfortunate that I have to cable my cameras and stands to the tree or otherwise they disappear by the end of the season. It still shocks me when someone trespasses and takes things that don't belong to them.

Check out Cheaper Than Dirt website for good deals on those Browning cameras.

11-Sep-14
I buy the cheap cams because they seem to grow wings but on the cheap end I do not care for the Moultrie 333, the Wildgame is O.K. but don't last long and their service sucks. I have one of the black flash WG that works well but the night pictures are a bit to be desired. One cuddy went in the garbage after less than two months.

12-Sep-14
Never Cuddeback. Moultrie for the money and customer service. My experience is with wildgame ,primos, bushnell,cuudeback, moultrie.

12-Sep-14
I did purchase a M-990i at Scheels with "no flash" -

No probelms yet and I enjoy the video feature. Have a bear on video that came through very nice - with audio. You can hear the bear sniffing the camera and walk about!

M-990i came with not the best Cabela's reviews but has been a strong camera for me so far - pictures clear and detailed. Nice!

Price on sale: Sheels - 124.00

14-Sep-14
I Like the Primos Truth Cams, I have 6 cameras and 2 of them are the Primos Truth cams (46) I wish all 6 were Primos Cams, They take great pics and video, small, and battery life is 9 months (give or take) But what I love about these cameras is they have little openings on both sides that allow you to run a cable lock through it. I have had other brands stolen and one the SD card was taken out of it, Sure if a thief wants it bad enough they will do whatever it takes to get them however, the old saying, locks keep an honest man honest. I have had no issues with my truth cams being taken or messed with. and they are pretty cheap as far as trail cams go, I do have a camera with a code I set up so it is no good if stolen but the camera is junk. If all cameras had codes that made them junk if you didn't know the code, far less would be stolen.

17-Sep-14
I mostly run Bushnell and Moultries (their more expensive models) I've been very happy with them over the last 4-5 years.

I will never again buy Stealth or Cruddyback. Never have tried Wildgame, as I can't stand the family that owns the company, plus I've never seen a good review of their products.

I will be buying some Brownings this year to try them out, as I have great things about them from multiple sources.

17-Sep-14
Brownings get some good reviews from what I have heard....

17-Sep-14
I have 2 Moultries, the M80 and I can't think of the other model right now. I'm happy with both for the price I paid. No problem with night pics, just a problem with too many turkeys.

19-Sep-14
I like the cheapest Moultrie cameras from Menard's. Less of a loss if they get stolen or chewed up. The picture quality if fine for my needs and I can put out 2 or 3 for the price of one high end camera.

• Sitka Gear