DL 11-Sep-14
wild1 12-Sep-14
TradTony 01-Oct-14
IdyllwildArcher 08-Oct-14
wild1 09-Oct-14
07-Sep-14

wild1's embedded Photo
wild1's embedded Photo
Really tough, but very rewarding hunt, in the SBNF. Saw this boar at 4:00pm, about 100 yards above me, about 4 miles into the wilderness. With the forest floor covered with dried pine needles, I was able to stalk closer as the bear milled around, masking my noise.

At 30 yards, I took a hard quartering away shot (I've been shooting the best I ever have), and connected exactly where I was aiming.

The boar spun around and ran straight at me, flew by at less than 10 yards and piled up ten yards behind me. A rather loud, long and somewhat disturbing death moan followed, and my tag was punched.

Gutting, skinning and load hauling...didn't get back to the truck, for the last time, until after 10pm!

A tad over 200lbs.

07-Sep-14

wild1's embedded Photo
wild1's embedded Photo
LOL Not my bear (above), but kinda wish it was! No idea where that brownie came from, but I didn't post it. Maybe this time.....

08-Sep-14
LoL you had me calling B.S. on that first one...thought it was "RowdyDowdy II"

Congrats, great spot and stalk blackie!

Best of Luck, Jeff

09-Sep-14
Wow... I was impressed. .. I still am. Congratulations. Gary if you need that skull cleaned, I have beetles. Ed F

09-Sep-14
Thanks for the offer Ed, appreciate it. I just macerated it, in this hot weather it only took two days - but man, was it ever foul smelling, absolutely putrid! Beetles would have been more pleasant, for sure!

11-Sep-14
Very nice Wild1. The woods are crawling with them up here right now. Went up to set out some cameras and had one nice boar cross the road in front of me. Set a camera there and had a sow and cub come in. This guy here was what I was after. There was a two year old on the camera with him. Went out the last weekend and had a bear tearing the bushes apart 70 yds from me. Right now if you can find a food source you will find bears. I was deer hunting up in x6a area. Got there at 4pm set up camp and went out to hunt. Came in at 9 and a bear had already torn the place apart. A week earlier my friends lost a weeks worth of groceries to a bear. As of last Friday only 75 had been shot, Great job. They are exciting to hunt aren't they?

11-Sep-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Oops here's the boar I was after.

12-Sep-14
DL - Thanks! Yeah, they're a blast to hunt from the ground on a spot n stalk…..if you can find 'em! Good luck!!

01-Oct-14
Congrats on a nice bruin, Wild1. Nice one indeed.

08-Oct-14
Wow, grats Gary! Great bear!

Isn't that your 2nd SoCal bear in as many years? Quite an accomplishment. Add in your pigs and you're definitely one of SoCal's more prolific local bowhunters.

My hat's off

09-Oct-14
Thanks Ike -

Yep, two for two - the hunting Gods were smiling' on me. Keep me posted on your schedule…I'd still like to have some of the So. CA. guys over for a BBQ/dinner.

• Sitka Gear