Boothill 10-Sep-14
Boothill 10-Sep-14
Two Bar 11-Sep-14
roger 11-Sep-14
Boothill 11-Sep-14
Double_D 17-Sep-14
Rut Nut 17-Sep-14
08-Sep-14
Anyone know what is going on with Timbertall Outfitters, manufacturer of timbertall tree stands located in Middleburg, Pa. Sent them back a stand 9 months ago to be reconditioned. I believe they are jerking me around. Will be hunting in a couple of weeks and no climber. They are not answering their phone. Any info before I take action against them. thanks dd

08-Sep-14
Nope but I found them to be rude and short more than once. Talked to them at shows a few times. Further, must have been ten years ago at a Harrisburg show, I asked if they would donate to the ubp for the annual get together. Nope. Really? To your instate bowhunting org ? What they did not realize was, I was about to get one myself. Not so, after that.

Sorry for the rant and Good luck.

09-Sep-14
Aloof at best. Never see them smile. I had the same experience with trying to get them to support their own state organization.

09-Sep-14
Aloof at best. Never see them smile. I had the same experience with trying to get them to support their own state organization.

09-Sep-14
Trying to get in touch with them is difficult at best. I understand if a company is busy, but nine months and repeated assurances that the stand will be returned and then nothing ?? If I don't get this stand back real soon I will have to write it off as a very bad experience, but I will camp out in front of their booth at the next show they attend and tell everyone that approaches to avoid them like the plague.

09-Sep-14
I'd take legal action now. I would have months ago.

09-Sep-14
Wow....Really sorry to hear this. It sounds like you've more than done your part in being patient. If they refuse to talk to you then the only recourse you have would be the legal type.

10-Sep-14
I had a couple of their stands.About 7 years ago,I wanted a rifle rest but it was kind of late to ship and get by the first day of deer season.I was traveling to Wyoming county the weekend before and the owner met me with one at his Mother in laws's house.It was my only experience with them but he seemed OK.

10-Sep-14
Sent an email yesterday to them, told them I was contacting the BBB and that they may be seeing me at the trade shows. Timbertall called today and assured me that the stand would be sent out TODAY, reconditioned. Spoke to Brian, said he has been going all out 16 to 20 hour days trying to catch up. No charge for the reconditioning, postage and the gun rests I requested, said he would eat the costs. Hats off to them, maybe, time will tell.

10-Sep-14
y'know this is the same old story....everybody wants a job in the hunting industry..... and when the orders start coming in.....things change rapidly.....they cant keep up, something was wrong with this and something was wrong with that. seen it a bunch of times. on a show I watched, they make teenage girls carry a fake baby around as a deterrent to teenage pregnancy. I suggest that when these "hunting industry wannabees" apply for their business licensing they be required to have a fake business for 6 months first....you know....to try it out...... It then may save us their "fake business" later on , AFTER we've trusted them with our money. with all the treestand companies out there, who needs these guys anyway......

10-Sep-14
y'know this is the same old story....everybody wants a job in the hunting industry..... and when the orders start coming in.....things change rapidly.....they cant keep up, something was wrong with this and something was wrong with that. seen it a bunch of times. on a show I watched, they make teenage girls carry a fake baby around as a deterrent to teenage pregnancy. I suggest that when these "hunting industry wannabees" apply for their business licensing they be required to have a fake business for 6 months first....you know....to try it out...... It then may save us their "fake business" later on , AFTER we've trusted them with our money. with all the treestand companies out there, who needs these guys anyway......

11-Sep-14
I am sorry to hear this about Timbertall. I own one of their stands. A few years ago I talked to them at the Harrisburg show. There were a few little glitches with some of the straps. They offered to refurbish my stand, free of charge.

I dropped it off at their plant one weekend. Several weeks later it showed up at my house, totally refurbished, no charge.

11-Sep-14
Boothill, I agree with you......watched several of my friends take jobs or form their own businesses around the archery and/or hunting industry. The one's who were 'successful' rarely, if ever, have any time to hunt and don't make much money. No thank you.

11-Sep-14
I know Roger.....seems like work just has to be work and fun has to be fun....mixing both just doesn't work I don't think, least not for me anyway.....just glad the fun is still real fun...:)

17-Sep-14
Timbertall Outfitters came through. Stand was returned at no cost to me, included a set of gun holders.

17-Sep-14
Glad to hear it! :)

• Sitka Gear