fingers 05-Oct-14
Onthehunt 05-Oct-14
treeman16 05-Oct-14
08-Sep-14

Nothing's embedded Photo
Nothing's embedded Photo
Just got card out of camera this is why there is no deer

09-Sep-14
I get them going by my stand all night haven't gotten many deer and not even 1 turkey

09-Sep-14
mine come by every 2/3 nights...i havent seen my lone fawn since june..

09-Sep-14
is that 2 dogs, or a dog after a deer?

09-Sep-14
Looks like 2 coyotes and a doe

09-Sep-14
That's sad to see. Had them yapping through the woods two nights ago behind my house. They were definately chasing something as the sound was moving fast from right to left. Damned things. Kill 'em all.

09-Sep-14
they are getting out of hand,that's why hunters have to start hunting them more,seems like hunters do not hunt them enough.

09-Sep-14
My personal Raccoons and Coyotes Policy. I try to get a shot at every one I see during legal shooting times. Every Coyote I bring home makes wifey really happy. (She lost 2 cats since we moved closer to my favorite hunting spots, and when she's happy life is happy) There were no turkey poults at my house this year. I usually see anywhere from 6-20 poults, depending on year. I set up cam in backyard and I got pics of coons and yotes by the 10 power. I'm convinced coons ate all turkey poult eggs. We all need to abide by this policy. Do your part! That's why its a very liberal season for both of these species. I make sure and bring a not so new arrow and re-sharpened broad head so I'm not wasting a $30.00 shot on them. $10 Luminok, $10 arrow, and $10 broad head. Coons and Coyotes are not worth 30 cents in my eyes. They are eating what I prefer to eat. If they were able to go to Long Island sound in the summer and also steal my hot fishing spots there would be an all out war against!!!

09-Sep-14
I agree with the Swamp donkey. Take aim at every yote u see...

09-Sep-14
I haven't had one in range while hunting. If I did and had to choose between a deer and a coy, the coy gets it.

10-Sep-14
I agree about taking out the coyote...they a menace to whatever we do...however regarding the raccoons it can get expensive shooting them with your bow...I remember years ago sitting in my stand a having a huge raccoon come strolling by right underneath me...of course back then I was using an aluminum arrow...I was very excited of the kill but realized I just blew $$ on one shot with no practical or measurable gain...since then I have invested in traps specifically designed for raccoons and if they become a problem I start trapping them to even the score.

10-Sep-14
Fur prices were good last year from what I heard fishers over 100 .Iam getting my trapping lisence for sure.A friend said he saw a red fox chasing a fawn this spring and now the doe has no fawn,not sure if the fox got it though.

11-Sep-14
I hunt Sherman and it seems the coyote population is down this year,Haven,t heard them yipping much this year and seeing a lot of bunnies around.That is a good sign.In the past years we have hunted the coyotes hard we are right on the NY boarder so they also do a lot of trapping just over the line.

11-Sep-14
Coyotes have a closed season?

11-Sep-14
coyote hunting jan 1-april 29 june 2-dec 31

11-Sep-14
Bowman, I'm in Sherman too. I'm on the lake but my girlfriend is right on the NY line. We have been hearing the yotes, but not seeing quite as many.

Not sure exactly you live/hunt but if you're seeing multi colored rabbits, those are probably ours. LOL, they dug out and have been fattening up on natural browse. They'll be spending the winter in the freezer though (or the crockpot). If you ever drive down Chapel Hill Rd, stop and say hello. You'll recognize the place by the '29 Ford Pickup and the Eggs For Sale signs.

Deer population looks to be on the upswing, I guess the bears and yotes missed a few fawns.

15-Sep-14

Nothing's embedded Photo
Nothing's embedded Photo

15-Sep-14
Nice job on the yote....luv dead yotes

17-Sep-14
out this morning early. yotes were howling up a storm couldn't see but almost thought about heading back to the truck. anyone hear this as they are setting up? after the break of sunrise I had one come up about 30 yards out and then shoot off. ill be taking them out first chance I get.

18-Sep-14
Coyotes ruinned my hunt last night!At 630 a doe and 2 fawns came accross the field I was just off of, them about 3 minates later they started howling from at least 3 different spots.I wish they would come within range but the ones I saw were about 80 yards away.I picked up a road kill coyote this morning going to save parts of it for trapping this year I hate them all!!!

18-Sep-14
I've got one caught on camera, in the GF's back yard. needless to say he's on the hit list along with the woodchucks. Of course, should a deer pop out during shooting hours.......

02-Oct-14

Nothing's embedded Photo
Nothing's embedded Photo
This is what's left of the coyote in above picture

02-Oct-14
Cool! how about the knee bones? ;-) Wanted to beat everyone to the punch.

02-Oct-14

The Dark Knight's embedded Photo
The Dark Knight's embedded Photo
Pic when I checked trail cam today

02-Oct-14
The knee bones connected to the leg bone. The leg bones connected to the thigh bone. The thigh bones connected to the rib bone. The rib bones connected to MY ARROW!!!

02-Oct-14
Sounds like a good connection.

05-Oct-14
I have shot a couple.I use a thwacker and keep closing it with elastic bands.works everytime. If I loose a broad head I feel it's well worth it.

05-Oct-14
last year i shot a mama yote because she was laying low stalking the deer in my area. a few days later another yote took her spot! they're like roaches!

05-Oct-14
Not enough hunters hunting them.

05-Oct-14
Ever try predator hunting. Nothing putting out a locator call and hearing the yotes yelp it up.

05-Oct-14
They had a howl session yesterday morning at my spot. Don't see many while on stand but they are definitely there.

• Sitka Gear