Moultrie Mobile
Obtaining a lease
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Silent Snipe 08-Sep-14
Stinkbait1 11-Sep-14
razorsharp 03-Nov-14
08-Sep-14
Hello, long time lurker, first time to post. I have been bow hunting for the last 18 years and have almost solely hunted on a small 40 acre plot in Nowata county. I have learned to hunt on my own, and have become fairly proficient. In the last few years I have been wanting to expand my hunting grounds, although I have no idea where to begin. Searching online leads me to real estate companies trying to get my money. I'm willing to pay, just not an arm and a leg. I normally hunt alone, although my 10 year old son is coming up fast and is quickly becoming a heck of an arrow slinger himself.I don't expect much more then to be able to wonder out and stick a stand in a tree. Other then knocking a few branches off with a machette, I have no aspirations of planting food plots or cutting paths on a four wheeler. So, with that said, what's a fella like me to do?

11-Sep-14
I would start by contacting the adjoining property owners to your 40 acre tract. If you know who there are and where they live, just ask them. If not, then you can go to the tax assessors office at the Nowata County Courthouse and get the surface owner plat map. You need to know the section-township-range of your tract. Then it's just a matter of looking them up on the plat book. Or you can just give the tax assessor the S-T-R and have them look it up for you. A lot of country records are now on-line. Might try that route.

03-Nov-14
Many county assesors have websites where you can view maps online.

• Sitka Gear