MGGC 09-Sep-14
longbeard 10-Sep-14
nehunter 10-Sep-14
Wild Bill 11-Sep-14
Homesteady 14-Sep-14
drslyr 17-Sep-14
grizzlyadam 17-Sep-14
09-Sep-14
When I'm getting my films from camera I'm always unsure if the location is any good or if I should move it. Usually I have to go home and look at the films on my computer then come back a second time leaving my scent twice. I tried bringing a lap top but what a pain. The thing is big and heavy I considered one of those name brand card viewers but they were way overpriced. I was using a camera with a sd slot but the screen was so tiny. The best compromise I found was I bought a $9.00 sd reader for my cell phone. Now I can plug the cards into my phone which has a 2"x4" hogh def screen and can zoom in to check pics and determine from there what to do in the field. My recomendation.. sd card reader compatible with you cell phone operating system for pic viewing for less then $10.

09-Sep-14
I have an old camera that doesn't take good pictures but have the screen to view the pictures.

I also have a few sd cards to switch out so I don't spend a long time spreading my scent in the area.

09-Sep-14
My tech deficient self didnt know such a "dongle" existed for phones. May have to look for one.

09-Sep-14
Your solution will certainly work, but you are spending a lot of time at the camera site checking out the pics.

Just get some additional SD Cards, they are cheap if you shop around a bit. Go in, swap them out, it takes just seconds and look at the pics at your leisure at home on a full sized screen.

Be sure to always have fresh batteries with you, and keep track of which cards come out of which cameras.

If you take reasonable scent control measures you usually don't have a problem.

09-Sep-14
I think he is more concerned with checking the pictures in order to move the cam if the existing spot is not producing any action.

Not really anything to do besides grab the cards and get out to an area you wont be spreading scent, then check them there. that means i can just hike to a nearby road and be 30 yards off it. A lot of people jogging and walking so if there is human scent, deer dont get alarmed. I limit the time i spend back in the hunting area grabbing the cards and moving cams if need be.

09-Sep-14
Where did you find the reader for $10? I have a iPhone 5s. Did a quick search on eBay and most were around $20 or more. Great idea you have

09-Sep-14

CTCrow's Link
2 left for $5.79

Sorry, those are for IP3 and IP4.

09-Sep-14
could steve use them on a rotary phone ?..lol

09-Sep-14
I was thinking the same thing !!but I up dated this year !!!!!!! BUT IT WILL TAKE ME A COUPLE OF YEARS TO FIND OUT HOW TO PLUG THAT THING IN .STEVE

09-Sep-14
I have an android op system. Got mine in ebay for $9.00. Don't know about Mac stuff. Try ebay??

09-Sep-14
Hey I still use a rotary phone

10-Sep-14
I see Wildgame Nation has a neat little hand held card reader out...I don't know anything else about it but it looked practical

10-Sep-14
I just called PlotWatcher and asked them if they had anything like above so i could watch on my Ipad. They said nothing yet but working on an App for smart phones and Ipads.

The Plotwatcher is my favorite camera in the woods. Just for a test, i put it above my Cuddeback to see what im missing.

I got twice the deer sightings that the camera wouldnt pick up. The deer werent using the run the cuddeback was facing, just wondering out of range. If you buy one dont buy the cheaper model, get the PRO model.

11-Sep-14
I have an automobile Garmin GPS with a photo feature. I put the SD card in the port and can then view all the photos on that card.

14-Sep-14
Sd card reader on iPad, I load it in woods, then take it back to blind to see what's on it!

17-Sep-14
I don't have to worry about any of that stuff. I put my cams out and when I return they are stolen. So the only thing to look at is the tree they were hanging on.

17-Sep-14
If I have to look at pics right then and there I use my regular camera, slide the SD card into it and if I need to I can zoom in on anything to see it better. Never had a problem with doing that even with the small screen on it.

• Sitka Gear