maya2003 12-Sep-14
Zonks32 12-Sep-14
Two Feathers 12-Sep-14
tundrajumper 16-Sep-14
Duke 16-Sep-14
Novice 16-Sep-14
Bloodtrail 16-Sep-14
11-Sep-14
Rage vs. Muzzy MX-4? I have shot rage in the past and have had good luck. The one thing I always hated is placing your arrow in your quiver at the end f the hunt because the blades would open more often than not. Switched to Muzzy MX-4. Any thoughts and what is everyone else using?

11-Sep-14
Muzzy, Hellrazor,Montec. Any sharp FB. Pass the popcorn.

11-Sep-14
Maya,

They make quiver specific for Expandables that have two gripping points. So you're broad head never actually touches anything inside the quiver hood.

11-Sep-14
2 inch Killzone by NAP.

11-Sep-14
Spitfire - NAP

Rage

11-Sep-14
OR....ya can look down to the thread entitled "Broadhead Suggestions"

11-Sep-14
Kevin, I did not know about the quivers that hold the expandable bh.

11-Sep-14
Slick Trick magnums for me. Very sharp and tough as heck.

11-Sep-14
I've used 100gr 3 blade Muzzys for over 20 years without any issues. I tried some different expandables without issues either but I hear what you're saying about the expandables opening up in the quiver.

11-Sep-14
125 grain Thunderhead for me. My 011 buck the broadhead went right through that left shoulder plate and stuck in the opposite plate. I made a bad shot and it saved my butt. I honestly couldn't believe it when I found the deer.

11-Sep-14
100 grain Thunderhead last 10yrs. & 125 grain Thunderhead before that.Very dependable head

12-Sep-14
I've used Magnus Stingers on antelope, bears, moose, mule deer, coyote and whitetail. Been very dependable for me.

12-Sep-14
I've settled on Thunder Valley Archery Snuffer (used to be Magnus Snuffer) 3-blade 125 grain. The cut on contact design produces far superior penetration than any chisel point broadhead that I have tried. These broadheads are supposed to be guaranteed for life, and I have bent a few but never bothered with warranty claim due to being pleased overall with these heads. The blades are non-replaceable so you have to sharpen them yourself, but I have found that to be a quick and easy task.

12-Sep-14
I shot my mx-4 broadheads last night, the practice tip that comes with the pack. Every time I shot the arrow dropped and did a hard left leaving it down 4" and left 4" from center. I was shooting with lighted knocks to track arrow flight and in the last 5 yrds the arrow appeared to act as a curveball. Guess I am back to my Rage for opener, like I mentioned they have always worked well. Just wanted to go to a fixed. Anyone else see similar?

12-Sep-14
Maya, that's a typical result from a bow not properly tuned. Paper tune your bow with field points, centershot is off.Youtube paper tuning, it's easy. Papertuning takes 5 minutes.Expandables were made for most guys who never paper tune a bow. Penetration will also suffer when not tuned. Check your cam timing marks for alignment as well. You may need a twist or 2 on a stretched string. This isn't rocket science.

12-Sep-14
broadheads are like women, you can look and be tempted by new shapes and designs but keep w/ what works... SlickTrick Razors for me

12-Sep-14
Novemberforever, Thanks for the advice. Will do. I didn't know that it would make such a difference. The things you learn from trying new things. Still sticking with rage for tomorrow.

12-Sep-14
I use Rage 3-blades, and have had no setbacks. Bottom line....there's a ton of good options out there that will get the job done with proper bow tuning and practice.

12-Sep-14
I just ordered some more Wenzel Woodsman 125 grain from Lost Nation Archery. When shopping on line I went to Eders and they had like 147 different broadheads in their inventory. I didn't know there were that many different ones out there.

16-Sep-14
nothing but zwickeys, for 60 years.

16-Sep-14
Zwickeys will shoot through a tank! Jack is a super guy, too!.

I am a fan of the Montec (G5); not the hugest cutting diameter out there, but are tough and fly true through my setup.

16-Sep-14
I have been using slick tricks for probably the last 9 years. I use 100 grain magnum for deer. For turkeys I like Grim Reaper expandables. On another note, what does anyone recommend for a youth hunting with a Diamond razor edge at 37#? I assumed 85 grain thunder heads were ok, as they put down a turkey for him. Unfortunately, they didn't penatrate for squat on a deer. 2 shops gave me different opinions, but both said 100 grains

16-Sep-14
My Rage and NAP spitfires shoot like heat seeking missels... love em!

• Sitka Gear