Bloodtrail 14-Sep-14
Bloodtrail 15-Sep-14
CaptMike 15-Sep-14
thesquid 15-Sep-14
CaptMike 16-Sep-14
live2hunt 16-Sep-14
Naz MacBook 20-Sep-14
12-Sep-14
So to clarify is this for handmade stickbows/arrows via spotnstalk only while wearing a loin cloth? or a custom recurve with store bought arrows/bh? or 300 fps wheelie bow while treestand hunting after all the trailcams have patterned the buck while not using ozonics or any other scent/scentless products while hunting no closer then 300 yards to any ag field or food plot? Best of luck to all...

12-Sep-14
Good luck everyone! I won't be out this weekend but hope to get out there next weekend and after work during the week.

12-Sep-14
brewcrewmike says it well.....LUCK! All it takes is seconds after planning for a year.

12-Sep-14
It seems like every thread from here to eternity will be an anti-xbow thread.

I wish everyone well regardless of their weapon of choice as I am one who does not judge a person based on their weapon of choice. I would encourage everyone who has a kill this weekend to post here regardless of their weapon.

12-Sep-14
happygo lucky +10!!!!!

I am so sick of the same small group of crybaby-sky is falling, belly achers turning every thread into an anti hunting thread. If you don't like the way someone wants to hunt, then don't hunt that way!!! Quit your bitching!!!

We should all be happy that we are able to enjoy the outdoors no matter what weapon you choose to use.

Best of luck to everyone this season, even the crybabies....

12-Sep-14

12-Sep-14
Ronny, please don't turn every thread on bowsite into an anti-xbow thread although you surely have that right and will do so anyway as that is your M.O.

12-Sep-14
I agree no xgun kills unless disabled or elderly.

12-Sep-14
super excited! My son turned 12 Wednesday and will be solo in his tree Saturday night-I'll be nearby. He's been shooting everyday and hopefully w/ a little luck and a little buck or doe he'll get a chance. Last year on the opener he got run out of his tree by a porcupine and had to bail off and luckily didn't get hurt.

12-Sep-14
"I agree no xgun kills unless disabled or elderly."

Hoe about a balding 56yo with a hangnail and a hemorrhoid flareup? :)

12-Sep-14
Sorry but I like to see any deer harvested to have a picture posted here. Whether it is a longbow, a recurve, a compound or a crossbow..post away!!! Just like the bear harvest thread, some were taken with bows and some were guns. We all have a common objective here...to go out, enjoy nature and maybe with a little luck harvest a deer.

12-Sep-14
I wonder how the crossbow guys would feel if they legalized rifles during the crossbow season

12-Sep-14
Then Howatt you should of made it (Your) thread 'DEBATE FREE! as you have stated we have the freedom to do as we please. I don't hunt with anything except a compound during archery season but don't want multiple threads to view harvest photos. So since you don't OWN Bowsite I encourage all harvest photos of harvested animals.

12-Sep-14
So, if I score on one with my BOW, that means that I can't post it on your "Other than bowhunting" thread - I'll try to keep all your rules straight. Some of you really need to get over yourselves. I'd be ashamed if my wife or children would ever read this crap lately.

12-Sep-14
It's his rules but not his site so you can post any photo on any thread that you want. Some posters as we have seen in the past never get 'over' themselves and are an itch that becomes a rash!!

12-Sep-14
Wow, it is absolutely mind boggling how terrible this site is for trolls and people just looking to bicker. Honestly guys (and gals), grow up and go watch The Bachelor or some other mind rotting realty show if you want drama. Well back to Archery Talk I go, where 99% of posts include useful archery commentary as opposed to 99% bickering.

And to the moderators of this site, I’d highly recommend cracking down on this problem! It’s gotten out of hand.

12-Sep-14
I agree with Adam C.P.

Stop the bickering and grow up. Let's use this for whet it is meant to be . BOWHUNTING.

From the Bowsites rule " 6. Topics must be related to the forum. No off-topic posting allowed.

This means that while in the whitetail forum, only topics directly related to bowhunting whitetail deer will be allowed. For example, a question on tuning your bow posted in the bear forum is not allowed. See the forum guidelines below."

If you want to post gun success then go to a gun website. And yes, I hunt with a gun sometimes.

Now. let's go out and enjoy archery season.

12-Sep-14

Pasquinell's embedded Photo
Pasquinell's embedded Photo

12-Sep-14

12-Sep-14

Hunt/2kill's embedded Photo
Hunt/2kill's embedded Photo

12-Sep-14

TrapperJack's embedded Photo
TrapperJack's embedded Photo

12-Sep-14
I don't care who you are...that is funny Pasq!

12-Sep-14

12-Sep-14

12-Sep-14
Pasq- now that is hilarious!!! Lmao

13-Sep-14
How about we just all ignore Howatt/RC/Ron's posts?

13-Sep-14
Good Luck ! Fill yours tags.

13-Sep-14
"That kind of turd will be exposed pretty quick unless he goes to great lenghts to hide his shame. (who does that?)"

Who does that? I assume the same kind of turd that was a director of a hunting org and was busted for shooting a spike over an illegal corn pile and then tried to blame the whole thing on his elderly father. Talk about a pathetic turd. ;-)

13-Sep-14
Please clear this thread so we do not have to trudge through the crap to get to the 2014 harvest pictures.

13-Sep-14
Where is the moderator. This thread is off topic. Delete all the non 2014 harvest pics please. If any are not "bow" as definded by the Wisconsin legislature, please move.

13-Sep-14
Based on several comments after I started this thread its clear people don’t understand bowsite. You are free to start as many harvest threads as YOU like. Start a harvest thread for gun kills or string gun or car kills or Bowtech kills. We have the freedom to start any thread we like. Knock yourselves out starting an “Any weapon” thread if you like rather than pouting about a bowhunting harvest thread. I started this one as a “BOWHUNTING ONLY” thread. This does not in any way limit you from starting a harvest thread to your liking for any weapon you like. Start a thread about killing deer with a claw hammer if you like and I will read it and enjoy it.

Based that you're here again you don't understand bowsite. How many times were you kicked off of this site? You were asked not to come back and yet here you are again and it seems for the only reason as to start arguments. Shouldn't you be out in the woods baiting for your "dad"?

13-Sep-14
Ron, Instead of worrying about whether or not people follow your instructions, maybe you should worry about following the instructions in the Wisconsin hunting regulations pamphlet. Ya think?

13-Sep-14

Zinger's embedded Photo
Zinger's embedded Photo
Just for you Ron! Shot this doe this evening with my crossbow to see what all the whining about crossbows is really about. I wanted to actually hunt with one so that I could speak from experience instead of not knowing any real facts about them like most people on here are.

I will not willingly use a crossbow again because I felt handicaped by it compared to a compound bow. Carrying it was a royal PITA, holding it while on stand was another PITA, trying to shoot at an ackward angle was harder than if I was using a compound. Scopes suck at 20yds let alone at 5yds where I shot this doe.

If all you do is hunt out of a box blind I can see where a crossbow might be nice but for hunting out of a treestand like most of us do they suck compared to a compound. All in all this is all much to do about nothing!

13-Sep-14

Zinger's embedded Photo
Zinger's embedded Photo
Not sure where that picture came from as obviously that's not a doe, that's not me, and that picture is not from my computer???

13-Sep-14
Nice "doe".

13-Sep-14
I shot this guy tonight (Sept. 13) at 6:30 p.m. in St. Croix County.

14-Sep-14

PYHNTR's embedded Photo
PYHNTR's embedded Photo

14-Sep-14
PYHNTR, great job on one hell of a buck. Now you have that bittersweet feeling of being tagged out on a dandy. But missing late October and November;)

14-Sep-14
Great buck pyhunter, congrats!

14-Sep-14
Solid mature buck PY. Love the mass/uniformity, looks like he will net PY. Did You know he was their?

14-Sep-14

PYHNTR's embedded Photo
PYHNTR's embedded Photo
It is a little bitter sweet being tagged out, but I'm alright with it.

I had this buck on camera two years ago, but never saw him last year. I had him on camera once in velvet this year. I was actually going after a different buck on Saturday night.

Here is a little bit of the story behind my bow buck. Prior to going into this weekend, my game plan was to go after a 9 point that I had passed last year gun hunting. He was a narrow 9 point with good height and good mass (~135 inch). I had him on camera numerous times with a group of other bucks. This included a 10 pt (~135 inch), an 8 pt (~130 inch), and a few other small bucks.

This weekend was unique to most seasons, in that the soy beans were still green due to the late planting because of the wet spring. I had seen several different bucks in a bachelor group all summer. I knew this weekend would be an opportunity to go after the bachelor group because of the green soy beans and early September archery opener.

Saturday's S-SW wind was perfect for my stand set up. My stand was on a north-south fencerow with a 1/4 acre food plot to my west, and a large 10 acre soybean field to my east. At 6:15 pm. I had a small buck come into the large soybean field. He was still in velvet. I watched him through the binoculars and noticed he kept looking back. About 5 minutes later, I heard commotion, and before I knew it, I had 3 bucks in the soybean field eating. One was the 135" 8 pt I had on camera, one was a ~100 inch 8 point 15 yards away, and the other a small buck that was in the process of shedding his velvet. At this point, the 8 point was 100 yards to my south, and I had convinced myself that I was going to try and harvest him if given the opportunity.

As the deer fed down the soybean field, I thought I was going to get an opportunity at the 8 point. No way was I NOT going to get an opportunity; bow in hand, wind at my face, deer feeding down the soybean rows right in the direction of my stand. At that moment the wind must have swirled, because the 8 pt closest to me started checking the wind; my heart sank. He checked the wind for 20 seconds and then trotted past my stand. Just as I was expecting the field to clear, my buck came from no where and was walking down the soybean rows parallel to my stand. In the few seconds I was able to look at him, I saw the split G2 and heavy mass. I pulled back, and centered the pin. I released the arrow and I saw the arrow with the Nocturnal hit his chest. He bounded away and crested over the hill. I felt confident with the hit and summoned some help. We went to the last place I saw him, and we found him just off the field edge.

As we field dressed him and dragged him to the truck, the 9 point I was originally targeting fed on the far side of the field without a care in the world.

Saturday night I saw 8 different bucks between the stand sit and retrieval. This goes to show how effective the early season can be.

The deer weighed 198#, grossed 155" and netted 146". He had great mass throughout his rack. All mass measurements were between 4" and 5". Overall a great but short 2014 bow season. Attached is a better picture of the buck.

14-Sep-14
YHUNTER - Your not getting away that easy! Story time my man...we need to know details!

Very Nice - Great Job!!!

Story?

15-Sep-14
FIP - Kinda calling the kettle black there!

15-Sep-14
I chose to forego the opening weekend in lieu of an alligator hunt in FL. However, both my daughters spent the weekend at our property and saw numerous deer, with a few different bucks. My 18 yr old had a seven pointer beneath her that she choose to pass, despite not having ever killed a whitetail yet. The nineteen year old passed a small 6 pointer and saw a couple others, although she did say the foliage was pretty thick. Not having had any time to get out there, the number of deer they saw was encouraging!

15-Sep-14
Opening I passed on three does, one was a fawn. Sunday I passed on three does, a fawn and a spike still all fuzzy. Raining all day today but letting up now - I might give-er a try anyway.

16-Sep-14
No, this year I was the camera guy. I did shoot two last year with my bow and it was such a blast that I wanted to go back and experience it again. The two I shot last year were 7 1/2 and 10 feet.

16-Sep-14
Sat Sunday night and tonight, two different go to spots in the Clark Co forest, nothing. Didn't think I would when I got in there as there wasn't the sign. Some huge acorns around though, they just aren't around there to hit them. going to have to grab my 20 ga and do some walking to find some other active areas. The wife is on me to get a deer, lol, I created a venison monster from someone who never grew up with hunting. one of the 5 does in my back yard my have to take an arrow for the freezer. Not sure how a couple of the neighbors would react if it went down in there yard.

20-Sep-14

Naz MacBook's Link
The 14-pointer pictured here was taken Monday night in a bean field near Sturgeon Bay. Archer saw a handful of other bucks and more than a dozen does and fawns. Not sure why the story of the buck isn't online yet but should be sometime soon.

• Sitka Gear