DeerBuilder.com
Cool encounter
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
spike78 13-Sep-14
spike78 13-Sep-14
vvreddy 13-Sep-14
13-Sep-14
I was out bear hunting and after a few hours I notice the wind changing and decide I need to get up and move to a better position so I take about ten steps and look to my left and notice a deer walking straight to me with its head down. It looks up at me as im standing in the wide open at that point. It pauses and just stares at me about twenty yards away and i figured it was going to run when it decides to just keep walking towards me and at about 15 yards it starts to just walk around me and i notice its a fawn losing its spots. I reach into my pocket and grab my phone for some pics and it just goes about feeding. It gets down wind of me about twelve yards away and lifts its nose up and smells me then it takes a few steps towards me and goes about feeding with no worries about me. It hung out with me for about twenty minutes before it just walked away. It was a neat experence for sure.

13-Sep-14

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
Heres the little guy at maybe ten yards. This shows you how close as this pic is on a crappy cell phone. I almost thought about scaring it away as it doesnt seem to have mom to teach it but I decided not to. Lucky for this guy it lives in a zone with very few antlerless tags given out so all it has to do is stay away from the bears.

13-Sep-14
Last year I was walking on my property to change a camera card early in the season. I was just strolling along in jeans and a tshirt not bothering with stealth or concealment when I suddenly spotted movement at 2 o clock. I froze without any cover around me and a small six walked to within 10 yards of me before he noticed something. He paused and over the course of a few minutes carefully walked to my five o clock and got within 10ft of me to check me out before he changed his mind and quickly trotted off the way he came. A most amazing experience!!

• Sitka Gear