CGBowhunter 14-Sep-14
Bennett2012 14-Sep-14
gobbler 14-Sep-14
WV Mountaineer 14-Sep-14
CGBowhunter 14-Sep-14
WV Mountaineer 14-Sep-14
13-Sep-14

abo2025's Link
found this video while browsing youtube today. It is a bowhunt of this guy and his son from Harrison County. Everyone was commenting on it saying how the appreciated him teaching his son to be an ethical hunter. However, no one seemed to notice the big pile of corn they were hunting over

13-Sep-14
And your point is?

13-Sep-14
No harm in the way they were hunting. If it isn't for you, don't do it. God Bless

14-Sep-14
Poor hunters ethics. In Hunters ed we always teach in shot placement to know your target and what is beyond. To shoot at a deer when there is a second deer directly behind is poor ethics.

14-Sep-14
What's the difference in hunting over corn and finding a bunch of acorns in the woods and piling up in the middle of them? Or planting a plot somewhere and hunting over it?

14-Sep-14
I didn't watch the whole video. I thought the issue was corn. But it looks to be a lot more than that.

14-Sep-14
It would only be poor ethics if the boy doesn't learn from his mistake. People make mistakes. It doesn't mean they have bad character. It means they made a less than ideal decision in a certain situation. A 13 year old boy just cleanly killed the animal in which he was hunting. He wasn't busting out windows or shop lifting. He was doing what we all love. He made a decision to shoot his prey. It wasn't ideal and could have had a bad outcome due to his decision however, kudo's to his dad and him for following up on it, when they realized his mistake. That's not bad ethics. That's responsibility.

Gheez, you boys are a hard crowd by saying he has less than ideal ethics. If he hadn't followed up on it, I'd agreed with you. If he posts a video in the future showing an intent to kill two with one shot, I'll agree with you. Here was an example of a simple mistake committed by a 13 year old boy trying to kill his first bow deer. That's it. No ethics police needed. God Bless

14-Sep-14
My issue was that his Dad told him when to draw & to take that shot, I commend them for following up. But it is poor ethics and a poor example that his Dad was setting. Then to post it to YouTube with a title "2 deer one shot" is not setting a good example. If they had discussed it as a mistake, or lesson learned, that would have been great.

14-Sep-14
I see. Might be his dad was proud of the way his boy handled the shot and the situation and wanted to show everyone. As far as his dad telling him when to draw, you must have better hearing than me. It might be his dad was caught up in the moment if he did tell him. I'm sure he was either way. He sure seemed proud of him. It might be a lot of things. The one thing no one should suggest about the character of this boy or his dad based on this video, is they have bad ethics.

Maybe you should get a hold of him, meet them in person to tell them the way you think they should have handled it, instead of critiquing it from the arm chair as you are?

Sometimes, people are so eat up with trying to teach others the proper way, they end up with blinders on that affects their comprehension of that subject. I am speaking from experience on that one. Just think about it before you ridicule the boy or his father in a manner and place that assumptions by all, are what decides the intent.

• Sitka Gear