10orbetter 14-Sep-14
RUGER1022 14-Sep-14
Schibs10 14-Sep-14
wibuckwatch 14-Sep-14
10orbetter 14-Sep-14
Novemberforever 15-Sep-14
10orbetter 15-Sep-14
14-Sep-14
Sat last hour of the night last night and watched a dandy walk right past my stand. All in velvet. I was watching from my truck. Seven deer total came out. Headed out this AM to sit the perimeter. Won't hit the stand the buck walked past until late Oct. early Nov. Good Luck all.

14-Sep-14

wibuckwatch's embedded Photo
wibuckwatch's embedded Photo
Sat on an oak ridge in a marsh last night. Didn't hear many acorns falling deer must not have either because they didn't show up. Did have a coppers hawk land about 15 feet in front of me that was awesome. Saw lots of turkeys. Got a text from the neighbor of a different property i hunt telling me they are dragging this buck(picture) out of the marsh. Really happy for them, but still really messing with my emotions. I passed on this buck 2 years ago when he broke off half of his rack. Bittersweet knowing i won't get to chase him anymore..

14-Sep-14
wibuckwatch -

Good for you Sir! You passed and yet it wasnt you that placed the tag on this monster YOU made it possible for someone else!

I know there is little solice in that but "Thanks" just the same! You did the right thing!

14-Sep-14
buckwatch, you did the right thing passing him as a half rack. I did the same thing about 10 years ago on a deer similar proportions to the one in your picture only would have been a 12 pointer. It had a much less gratifying outcome when a gun hunter that I don't even know shot him a week later.

14-Sep-14
Keep the faith, your good fortune will come and you will be speechless with emotion!

14-Sep-14
It hurts, 5 years ago I spent the fall chasing a big buck. Came close 3 or 4 times but no shot. Oprning day of gun season a 15 year old shot the 162 in buck on the 40 next to me.

I walked over, shaking his hand for a long time. I looked at his rusty 20 ga single shot, duct taped together and then looked at my Germain scoped Weatherby and smiled.

Oh, sat for 2 hours, nothing, the wind and cool air kept the bugs down.

14-Sep-14
Sat in Germania Marsh Saturday morning, Saturday night, and Sunday morning, and not a single deer was seen. Just felt awesome to be back in the woods again! The mosquitos were really bad Saturday night after I set up, had to wear gloves and face cover just to avoid them! I hope to get up there again in the next couple weeks!

14-Sep-14
Thanks guys i'm over it now and your right. The guy who shot him was/and is a very skilled hunter. I'm sure he has passed a few of the bucks i've shot over the years.

14-Sep-14
Sat tonight from 4;30 PM until dark. 2 deer at the far end of the bean field around 6:30 PM. Bugs were horrendous! I started to climb down at 7:15 when all of sudden the deer started coming from everywhere. Had 7 around me including a nice looking spike buck that is unicorn like. He has one spike that goes above the ears and one the is barely 3 inches. Hope he has a chance to grow. They had me pinned down until 8:00 PM. They were just demolishing the beans. All in all a good start to the season. Does look small!

15-Sep-14
The youngest in the group, 15, took at nice adult doe@30 yards with my 1998 PSE Fireflite I gave him last year. 100 grain Muzzy, went 50 yards, broke the shoulder. Lots of deer.

15-Sep-14
EVERYONE SHIFT OVER TO THE WHAT ARE YOU SEEING THREAD. TAKING IT ONE WEEK AT A TIME IS A MUCH BETTER FORMAT AND MORE CURRENT. I'M OUTTA HERE.

• Sitka Gear