Geitz 17-Sep-14
VilasBowhunter 17-Sep-14
RUGER1022 17-Sep-14
raspy old hen 17-Sep-14
Zonks32 18-Sep-14
WausauDug 18-Sep-14
10orbetter 18-Sep-14
15-Sep-14
Don't care whether you're using a bow, cross bow, or a stick and a rock. Are you seeing any deer or other wildlife?

Opening morning, I didn't see any deer but I had 6 turkeys, all Jakes, walk within 40 yards of my tree stand. The closest came within 10 yards.

On my afternoon sit, I saw 4 deer. First deer was a small doe, came from my left (east) at about 80 yards at 6:15p.m. Second deer was a big bodied deer, came from the west about 5 mins after the first. Walking with its head down. I only saw it for about 2 seconds at about 90 yards.

Last two deer I saw were at 7p.m. Two yearling does walked straight down the walking path on the property. They walked broadside at about 15 yards behind me and continued on their way.

Property I have access too is hardwoods/meadow sandwiched between a corn field to my north and bean field to my east.

All in all, a great opening day. Saw deer, and felt good to be out in the woods again.

15-Sep-14
Saw it right after I posted....sorry everyone!!

15-Sep-14
Hey actually shift over to this thread. I like the format better.

15-Sep-14
Sat SUNDAY 9 14 2014, from 4;30 PM until dark. 2 deer at the far end of the bean field around 6:30 PM. Bugs were horrendous! I started to climb down at 7:15 when all of sudden the deer started coming from everywhere. Had 7 around me including a nice looking spike buck that is unicorn like. He has one spike that goes above the ears and one the is barely 3 inches. Hope he has a chance to grow. They had me pinned down until 8:00 PM. They were just demolishing the beans. All in all a good start to the season. Does look small!

15-Sep-14
Opening I passed on three does, one was a fawn. Sunday I passed on three does, a fawn and a spike still all fuzzy. Oh, six 'coons Sunday too. Raining all day today but letting up now - I might give-er a try anyway.

15-Sep-14
Sat tonight from 4:00 until close. Nine different deer, all antler less out in the beans. Once they hit them, they did not leave. Nice wind out of the west northwest. Bugs were worse than yesterday. No bucks tonight. The deer all look very healthy and seem to be putting plenty of weight on.

16-Sep-14
4-5 does on camera during the evening hours. No daytime buck movement.

16-Sep-14
Monday I saw two does w/o fawns.

16-Sep-14
Sat opening morning and didn't see anything. A doe and fawn are on my cameras day and night. Several small bucks, two 10pt and one 9 pt have been on the cameras at night only. Their movements are edging toward daylight hours, or at least the movement I am capturing lately....

16-Sep-14
I sat Sunday evening and saw 17 different does and fawns. All ate in turnips and then proceeded on to the neighbors corn field. Fun sit for opening weekend.

17-Sep-14
I have been mentoring my 10 yr old daughter since the opener. We've sat each evening except Monday. Seeing on average about 10 deer each night. Three different bucks, all 8's. One ugly wide one, a nice high 8 and a heavy wide 8.

Sunday she shot and missed the high 8. Last night, the heavy wide 8 came in at 10 yards. I handed her the bow and told her to get ready. She got too excited and pulled back when the buck was looking at our blind. To hear her talk about how hard her heart was beating was priceless.

At first I was concerned about her sitting for 2-2 1/2 hours but surprisingly, she doesn't have a problem and continues to ask when the next time we're going out.

Hunting Columbia Cty. Seeing deer from 4-close. Bucks between 6-close.

17-Sep-14
Sat on Sunday and Monday nights in Vilas County. 8 hours on stand and not a deer to be seen. I had 10 grouse flush on my way in. Of course, no gun. Got back home to Mequon last evening. I decided to shoot a few practice arrows in the back yard. While I am concentrating on the 20 yard target, two yearlings walk past my 30 yard target. Go figure.

17-Sep-14
Sat this morning , 3 rd frosty morning in a row . I could hear the Skeeters screaming .

No Deer , 6 big Toms walked by . I " ll save those for the grandkids . I want a young eater .

Woodpecker convention , 3 different veriations working the trees , cool .

17-Sep-14
Sat Sunday evening, Monday evening and Tuesday morning without seeing a deer. Plenty of skeeters on the evening sits. Not one skeeter in the morning hunt. In Calumet County.

18-Sep-14
Sat Wed evening. First time out since the opener. Saw a doe at 5:30p.m. She was working the acorns at about 90 yards in front of me. Worked her way closer to about 70 yards, then changed direction. Second deer (bigger deer) did the exact same thing a half-hour later. At 7p.m., a small doe came up from behind me and walked right under my tree stand. She stopped at 10 yards, looked around, and then kept walking out to the same oak the other deer had worked over. Five minutes later, right back through and walked under my stand again. Always fun when deer get that close.

18-Sep-14
at our place they are in the white oaks which are dropping some great acorns, the red oaks had none? the deer were ignoring all the other fields

18-Sep-14
Great tip Dug. I sat the beans this AM Thursday and did not see anything. That wind shifted to the East so I bailed early. Totally the wrong wind for my place.

• Sitka Gear