Contributors to this thread:
wvbownut 16-Sep-14
Longbeard 16-Sep-14
Little Bear 16-Sep-14
wvbownut 16-Sep-14
Little Bear 17-Sep-14
babysaph 17-Sep-14
16-Sep-14
Can you kill two deer in one day, provided one is a doe during archery season? I thought that was only for gun season.

16-Sep-14
From the regs...

A hunter may harvest two deer on the same day, but onlyone antlered buck may be harvested on the same day. The first deer does not have to be legally checked by aNatural Resources Police officer or at an official checkingstation prior to harvesting the second deer in the same day. However, all deer legally harvested must be checked by a Natural Resources Police officer or at an official checking station for retagging prior to hunting during a subsequent day.

16-Sep-14
Also, you don't have to field tag the first before you continue hunting. You can stay in your stand and continue to hunt to give that first one plenty of time before recovering the deer.

I think in Ohio you have to field tag the first before continuing to hunt (or at least it used to be that way), but that's not the way I read it here in good ole WV.

16-Sep-14
that is the way it is in ohio Ed, but in ohio you can check your deer in over the phone.

17-Sep-14
Glad to hear OH is the same now, I've been thinking about crossing the river. Should be able to electronically check deer NEXT year in WV also. We are always slow to adopt but that's not always a bad thing, get to learn from other state's mistakes.

17-Sep-14
Heck some of the good ole boys in Pendleton county kill 3-4 a night. LOL. Couldn't resist. I hope you get two in one day but one at a time is all I can handle. Good luck

• Sitka Gear