CT bow junkie 19-Sep-14
Dr. Deer 21-Sep-14
BigWoods71 21-Sep-14
BigZ 21-Sep-14
hunter16 22-Sep-14
17-Sep-14

backstrap's embedded Photo
backstrap's embedded Photo
First hour on stand this year had this small guy come lumbering down trail on oak ridge in colebrook, too many bears in nwct

18-Sep-14
Nice pic

18-Sep-14
nice.. i've seen quite a few over the last couple seasons in the Salisbury area.

18-Sep-14
very cool picture. Are you on stand land or private?

18-Sep-14
I bet thats a cool sight. He/she has no bling either.

18-Sep-14
That would be a perfect shot opportunity right there! Maybe someday.......

18-Sep-14
Nice thanks for postting it.I've never seen one in southeast ct.

18-Sep-14
I spoke to someone with the state, and they think they have a real good fix on the numbers of bears. I explained that the ones I'm seeing don't have ear tags and as near as I can tell, no hunters are bothering to report them any more using the Online system for Bear sightings.

What do you guys think? Does the state know how many bears are out there? Do any of you bother to report the ones you do see?

18-Sep-14

CTCrow's Link
I don't think too many people are filling out the report. If they did we would have a better chance at a bear season.

19-Sep-14
Did you see any deer that day after the bear?We are noting that when we see bear we do not see any deer or turkey?

19-Sep-14
private land , no deer sightings that day , I think the state definitely knows something needs to be done but how and when is the problem

19-Sep-14
Agree with Bowman. In places I see deer, as soon as the bears come through the deer tend to disappear. They've ruined a few hunts for me. Nice pic though. He looks like he knows he's having his pic taken or that something is out of place. He has that cautious look.

19-Sep-14
Wicked nice

21-Sep-14
Very cool. Nice pic.

21-Sep-14
Nice pic.

This summer alone I saw a bear on 6 different occasions here in NW CT. From what I've heard and read, the state is still conducting studies determining bear populations. Even if results do warrant a controlled season, it will be a while before any type of system is created.

21-Sep-14

BigZ's embedded Photo
BigZ's embedded Photo
I have a bear on trail camera and deer coming through shortly thereafter. my property has at least four bear on it. Two good size mature adults and two juveniles I saw while running my dogs at the end of August.

22-Sep-14
the last that I heard the estimated bear population in the state was around 1500

• Sitka Gear