CTCrow 18-Sep-14
Will 18-Sep-14
nehunter 18-Sep-14
Pete 18-Sep-14
backstrap 19-Sep-14
FULL DRAW 19-Sep-14
nehunter 19-Sep-14
18-Sep-14
I checked my Cuddeback 13+ hours earlier (5:00 pm) and changed SD cards. This Buck smelled the bushes I touched at 7:00 am next day.

It was the first picture I got so it wasn't a Bear or Coyote.

18-Sep-14
I have no idea how long they can pick up your scent but that's why big bucks become big bucks! They don't get that way by being stupid. That's one great looking buck by the way.

18-Sep-14
I always use latex gloves when checking trail cam and switching sd cards and those mature deer still pick up something, even for days past. Now I've been coordinating when there's going to be a soaking rain and get in right before, thinking its going to rinse scent away. It helps some but not completely. Real nice Connecticut buck.

18-Sep-14
I'll start using the latex gloves. Human scent is why a lot of deer are facing the camera in a lot of trail cams. If deer are looking at the camera, you are doing something wrong.

BTW, I've had some that I only see inside their nasals.

18-Sep-14
I used to be really neurotic checking a cam. I'd spray myself down, wear latex gloves etc... I've been lazy the last several years. Seeing this, I may go back!

I think I remember one of the Wensel bro's suggest that deer can still smell you 24 hours after you touched something. I dont know if that is true, but your video sure looks like it is.

Like others noted, I may have to start getting a bit neurotic again!

With that said, what a great buck!

18-Sep-14
I got two or three pictures a few weeks before this. Since he smelled me he hasn't been on that trail.

Well I wont be sitting there Saturday morning.

18-Sep-14
Bizarre as it sounds, I've got video clips of deer licking my camera. They don't seem to be bothered by it because they keep coming back. Go figure.

19-Sep-14
great video! wonder how many bucks get spooked by the infra red flash and scent by cams.

19-Sep-14
Ct woods are full of human smells, we are not in Canada. I'm sure he'll be back especially if there's bait.

19-Sep-14
Full Draw. The tree where this camera is in the NW corner and is big woods. No houses for a half mile and NO bait.

• Sitka Gear