JayG@work 19-Sep-14
Ace of Spades 19-Sep-14
pogo 20-Sep-14
C.Beck 21-Sep-14
Peepin Tom 22-Sep-14
Bernie P. 26-Sep-14
bas4109 26-Sep-14
19-Sep-14
I am shooting about 30 arrows a day from 20 yards to 40 yards to get ready for the bow season. I have a natural ground blinds set up in the back hill and keep seeing doe's in the area, but no bucks so far. What are you doing to get ready ?

19-Sep-14

Jdawg's embedded Photo
Jdawg's embedded Photo
As far as practicing, I've practiced 90% at 20 yards and in. I do shoot some practice out to 40 yards to work on picking a spot, concentration and release but I've found that my sweet spot (if I can call it that) is about 18 yards and in. It's just a fact for me that just about all my recurve kills have averaged about 13 yards. Inside the timber, from a tree, everything changes ...lighting, angles, height and I just find for myself anything much over 20 yards is just not a shot for me. Hope everyone has a good season.

19-Sep-14
Good luck, be safe and enjoy

19-Sep-14
if I'm luck one arrow a day in my garage. If it's good I'm done. Try to get to the range every couple of weeks, this weekend for sure. Hitting the gym a lot to get ready for sitting and not moving...maybe to balance things out anyway,

19-Sep-14
I have my food plots and my game cameras out. I am seeing does and some small bucks that I am not going to shoot. I got my firewood out of the woods and on to the road edge so I don't have to go in to the woods again, except to hunt. I have been shooting a bunch, field as well as broadheads out to 40 yards and I feel pretty good about things. Now I just need to start getting my gear all washed and re-packed. I am ready!! LOL Jay

19-Sep-14

Ace of Spades's embedded Photo
Ace of Spades's embedded Photo
Have a 10 month old baby, one on the way, and just moved into my new house... Needless to say I haven't shot in a while but do have the trail cameras out. Got this guy on it.... Would live to shoot him

Josh

20-Sep-14
It's almost here!

I put up two new ladder stands on the farm on Thursday. Both spots are areas that I've learned while hunting this farm for the last three years. Shooting lanes were cut during turkey season and the deer are using these trails a lot.

We've got an abundance of white oak acorns this year concentrating the deer on these two areas that the other two guys that hunt here have ignored.

One of the fields that I thought was going to be planted with soybean was actually planted with corn. But both my areas should still be active.

I'm planning on running another thread detailing my hunts like I have the past couple of years because it seems to be appreciated by some. But my first hunt won't be until mid October.

My wife has a special birthday happening in early October and we are celebrating at Disney World and returning home on the 12th.

Good luck getting ready and hunt safe!

21-Sep-14
I haven't shot as much as in past years but I have been doing some serious hiking on some public ground to get better familiar with new areas I want to hunt this year. Good luck to all.

22-Sep-14

Peepin Tom's embedded Photo
Peepin Tom's embedded Photo
Still trying to get used to the Oct, 1 opener it sneeks up on me. I'll be shooting this week after seeing this big bruiser on my camera.

26-Sep-14
I've been practicing with my recurve and compound.There's a spike that's been showing up in the yard pretty regular but I have no intention of shooting him.There was another much bigger spike but he hasn't been back here for a couple weeks.Got a natural ground blind setup next to a rub line I'm sure was not made by any spike horns.

26-Sep-14
Peeping Tom that looks like a cow with antlers.

• Sitka Gear