WVBOWHUNTER 24-Sep-14
gcoleman 24-Sep-14
gobbler 24-Sep-14
babysaph 24-Sep-14
Dean Green 24-Sep-14
wv_bowhunter 24-Sep-14
gcoleman 25-Sep-14
19-Sep-14
What brand/model safety harness does everyone wear? I surely hope everyone does use one!

I am in the market for a new one. I have a Hunter Safety System Pro Series Vest that is now over 5 years old, which they recommend replacing. I had found it to be hot in warmer temperatures, a bit heavy, the leg strap adjustment buckles always ended up at a place where the rub together to make noise, and the back was seems cut to high and really bothers my neck on long hunts.

To alleviate the first two issues I had and hopefully the fourth one, I purchased a Hunter Safety System Ultra-Lite about 3 years ago. I really likes the lightweight design but it still cut into the back of my neck one long hunts. Of course the buckle adjustments still clanked between my legs too. However, somehow I broke the plastic front buckle on this one last season and had to stop using it.

On either harness, the only way I could stop the neck issue was to loosen the legs straps but was afraid they were then too loose should I ever fall.

I am really interested in the new Summit Seat-O-The-Pants Harness. It doesn't seam bulky, doesn't have buckles to clank together on my legs and has a way to store the excess strap length, and the back appears to be designed to keep it down off the back of your neck. The only reservation I have are the parachute buckles. I am just used to the quick snaps on the HSS.

What is everyone else wearing? What do you like and/or dislike about it?

19-Sep-14
I use the Spider harness, light weight, still has speed buckles, but a different style than HSS. And they are not going to clink together. Also has hidden storages for excess straps. I have not had any issues over the last 2 seasons. Plus I like the strap from the tree has a little give.

24-Sep-14
Any others??

24-Sep-14
Rescue II. The harness does no good if you can't get down from the tree in the event you can't get back on your treestand.

24-Sep-14
I also use the Hunter Safety System Pro Series vest as well. My only issue is like you said its hot with warmer temps. I Have not had any issues with it other than being hot in warm temps and when it gets cold out and you put layers on it can be bulky. I have been looking at different full body safety harnesses as I will be in the market for a new one next year.

24-Sep-14
get the spider harness never know you have it on cool and light weight and built like the harnesses used on construction jobs with metal buckles and a shock cord to break your fall softly,,,, they aren't cheap but you can save a bunch by buying off amazon they were $50 bucks cheaper then cablellas and free shipping,, after 40 years of bowhunting I have tried them all...I also use the spider strap that lowers you down after you fall

24-Sep-14
After seeing Coleman's last year I went with the Spyder also. But you do need the lowering kit so you don't just hang there. Lightweight but very sturdy.

24-Sep-14
What model do you have george?

24-Sep-14
I use one of the summit seat of the pants harnesses.

24-Sep-14
The lowering kit you refer to, is that the "spider wire" I have seen?

25-Sep-14
the lowering device is called the live wire decent system,, and I have the tree spider speed harness,,, JR I still use my mountaineer harness when I use my climbing stand but boy its heavy,,,,

• Sitka Gear