CaptMike 21-Sep-14
Pasquinell 21-Sep-14
Novemberforever 21-Sep-14
10orbetter 21-Sep-14
Huntcell 21-Sep-14
10orbetter 21-Sep-14
19-Sep-14

happygolucky's Link
With so much division amongst the WI hunting ranks, I figured I'd post something here that could make us all feel more united as a group. This is a thread from the BFG forum. I am copying in the main post as well as the link.

While searching through the archives... thanks to Pat and his "Search Feature". I came across this letter... The "letter" was a response to a young student that had seen some turkey pics and felt compelled to e-mail this gentleman her dislikes about hunting. The gentleman (Darrell) in short order and very nicely... put her in her place. Ouch! ;-)

here we go... (first part is from the young lady)

Hello,

I just wanted to ask how I can get started in the animal killing business. I saw the pictures of you and your friends sitting with your victims and thought that you must be such talented and manly men to be able to kill these unarmed, defenseless creatures with only a shotgun? I was just thinking that something like that would probably take my 4 year old nephew about a week to learn so you must have learned in about 8 days or so. Wow! Anyway, I hope that your power-hungry egos are satisfied and fulfilled with these acts of murder, and that you've found some cheap excuse to justify yourself. I guess you're conscience was just as easy to kill as they were. Bye.

Sonia Bermudez

The Response:

Sonia,

For your information, we are all "animal killers." This may be difficult for you to accept, but you also are the reason that animals die. Please let me explain: Do you eat any meat? Do you go to McDonalds or have a little pepperoni on your pizza. Sorry to disappoint you, but that meat came from a dead animal. Yes, I kill deer and elk and other game animals, but at least my animals are treated with respect and allowed to live a free and wild life. Your meat is killed in "slaughter houses" after being penned and trapped for months being forced to eat what will make them tender rather than what they choose.

Oh, are you a vegetarian? Guess what, you still are responsible for the deaths of countless animals. Do you realize that the farmers that grow your veggies regularly kill jack rabbits and other "pests" who interfere with the growing process of your veggies. Do you realize that they eliminated animals that once grazed on the land they now farm so that you can eat tofu?

Do you own anything leather? A purse, a belt, a pair of shoes? What about your automobile? Does it have a leather steering wheel or leather seats? Do you think that the animals that provided that leather did so and lived to tell about it? No, they died so that you could have what you want.

Do you live on land that used to be habitat for some wild animal? Do you drive on roads that were paved over the top of rodents and that displaced the animals that once migrated across them? Since you are writing me from an "edu" address, do you live in a dorm or an apartment? If you do, they must certainly spray to kill roaches and other pests as well as poison any mice and rats that find their way into your dwelling area.

As far as where I get my justification, I get it from the ultimate authority, God himself. Genesis 9:2-3 After the flood, God told Noah: "The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

In Acts 10, he tells Peter "Rise kill and eat."

As far as skill goes, hunting is a skill that requires much work, experience and insight. Also, for your information, I hunt with a bow and not a shotgun, though I have no problems with my hunting brothers who use a shotgun.

If, in a few years, your 4 year old nephew is interested in learning how to hunt, I will be more than happy to take him with me and show him some of the ways of the wild. I will show him how to read tracks in the sand and in the snow. I will show him the incredible power of the majestic elk. I will teach him how to try and outsmart a bull elk by imitating the calls of the elk. I will show him how to make a clean, humane kill. One that causes the least amount of suffering possible. Then, I will show him how to take care of the meat so that it can be enjoyed by himself and others. It will do him well to learn that he was created at the top of the food chain and doesn't have to live a life destined to tofu and veggie burgers. I will show him how to hunt with honor and how to appreciate the incredible creation that God has for us. I will show him why we need to protect our National Forests and other places where wild animals are allowed to roam free. I will teach him many things, but most important, I will teach him about his creator who loved him so much that he came and died for him.

I apologize if my hunting offends you. I ask, however, that you give some real consideration to the big picture. Yes, I kill animals, but so do you. The difference is only that I do for myself AND YOU HIRE SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT FOR YOU!

Have a great day,

Darrell Brazell

19-Sep-14
Nice, and well worth re-posting!

19-Sep-14
I like it! I think we've all said it. Not sure the college kid would have listened? I'm sure she has her mind made up already, and those defenseless animals might be defenseless.....but certainly not senseless! ;-)

19-Sep-14
With so much division amongst the WI hunting ranks

Happy, division is right! It fits right into the divide and conquer plan. First it was Act 10! Now it, (the twit) has created the greatest division among Sportsmen in the history of hunting and conservation in Wisconsin. Never has the hunting community been more divided on any single issue, (crossbows). It all fits into the master plan, sell off public lands, totally privatize hunting in Wisconsin, get those low-down, lazy, freeloading hunters that rely on public hunting land off the tax dole. Divide them and conquer them. Next will be the state parks, public boat launches…Get hunting off the tax dole along with everything else. Privatize, privatize, privatize! Isn't that right Texas Doctor Troll?

And, wait for it, some dink here will say that the public land he sold was not being used by hunters anyway. There is at least some that were affected by it, maybe not the big numbers the statistics geeks would want to see but, some poor bastard lost a favorite hunting spot.

A letter that some misinformed little girl wrote is the least of our worries.

19-Sep-14
"And, wait for it, some dink here will say that the public land he sold was not being used by hunters anyway."

I'll be that so called "dink." There is a cost/ benefit that needs to be weighed. Maybe a poor bastard lost his favorite hunting spot but on the other hand, this state offers us poor bastards many opportunities for favorite hunting spots. And, taxpayers in general win because the state now collects taxes on those parcels held in private ownership.

Regarding the crossbow season, it was supported by a great majority of legislators. The governors office had no dog in that fight but I suspect your blind hatred will not allow you to see that.

19-Sep-14
The buck stops at the governors office and he always could have vetoed the bill. But, when you are nothing more than a political whore, you will follow not actually take the lead!

20-Sep-14
No my hatred is wide eyed and very open. The guy is a dangerous scumbag.

20-Sep-14
Well composed letter which we all need to remember when the tree hugger gets in your face at a gathering. My latest was a movie theatre parking garage comments on my truck window qdma decal as He had a PETA sticker on an MBZ 550sl(leather seats)...Really? The current public land sales are all landlocked with no public acess. Many of these properties were willed to the state anyway.Compare Sconnie to anyother midwest state for hunting/fishing. Talk to Mn. about deer being mismanaged.NR buck tags are a draw. No baiting, no deer drives, 1 buck rule,ect.

20-Sep-14
10better reving up for another tractor drive to capital?

Boy you or someone close to you must have had been a teach or state employee your bitterness is exactly like a few that I have had unfortunate experience to run into.

Like the retired prison guard age 57 collecting 6000 a month plus medical ins but he's pissed off because he retired early, forced by Act 10. Really. Would reduced retirement some if he kept working. WoW High school education and did a glorified babysitting job, now collect 72,000 sitting home and he's pissed off and bitter? WT f He comes to mind everytime you come on this hunting site and bash WALKER

Your Funny Stuff even if it does get old!!!69

21-Sep-14
His wife is a teacher.

21-Sep-14
Just calling it the way I see it. The guy is a transplant, not even born in Wisconsin. Look at his bio. He has never held a real job. He is a career politician! Nothing more than a whore in the brothel of life.

As for the state employees and teachers, I value the service they provide. They have earned everything they bargained for. Just because I don't have something, I can't wish for someone else to not have something they earned. Any idiot can just cut!

Huntcell, if a prison guard job was a glorified babysitting job, guys would be lined up to do it! How ignorant but, that is what Walker and the Koch brothers want…that way they can keep you under control. Your numbers are complete B.S. A retired Navy Seal Commander doesn't even get that. You spend too much time listening to Charlie Sykes and the Silver Spoon fed Jeff Wagner.

21-Sep-14
Remove the rose colored glasses. It will allow you to see from the real world.

21-Sep-14
Of course no Walker bash is complete without a mention of the Koch brothers. Storing the scrambled eggs where the grey matter should be?

21-Sep-14
Wow 10... it's a letter to PETA and you make it a "I hate Walker" thread? Come on man let it go. Geez

PS - Doyle was born in Washington DC.

21-Sep-14
Imo, Walker has done a great job in Wisconsin in spite of being a Marquifff drop out. Union pensions? I just threw up in my mouth.

21-Sep-14
Pasq, like I've said before, I do not claim one party over another. Doyle was a complete idiot!! I can say, I've lived to see the two worst governors in the history of this state. One was totally inept and the other wants to give Wisconsin's natural resources away to the highest bidder, and has created the worst division among citizens in the history of the state.

The people of this state need to get back to center! Neither the far left or far right are of any value. They both need to get over the "you are either with us or against us" crap. I'm not a blind follower like some of these idiots. Walker made is mark by pitting Wisconsinites against Wisconsinites. That in itself is morally corrupt! Just because some school teacher or public worker has a better heath care plan or pension than me, I should be angry, jump up and down and scream that just isn't fair. What, did they get it while collecting welfare? Get a life! Seriously, we all chose our paths. Just because someone has something that I don't have and a total tool comes along and says vote for me cause I will stick it to them, and I should follow blindly. WTF up, if it got him an extra vote he would do the same to each and every one of us. Talk about rose colored glasses?

Should the guy that shoots a trophy buck every year on private land have to choose between either an archery license or gun license because he shoots more big bucks than you or me and that just isn't fair. Same basic principle! Walker is bad for Wisconsin and historians will tag him the most divisive and controversial governor in history.

21-Sep-14
Funny stuff!

Delusional but funny stuff

Take your political rants to the community forum

Stop messing up the hunting forums

You continue to marginalize yourself and your positions

Funny stuff you don't even recognize it!

21-Sep-14
Topical maybe, marginal no, considering the most divisive and longest thread is the xbow thread. Who has their signature all over the xbow legislation? You are either with us or against us, isn't that right Huntcell?

• Sitka Gear