Birdman 21-Sep-14
Ungie01201 22-Sep-14
Straight Arrow 02-Oct-14
jax2009r 03-Oct-14
CT bow junkie 04-Oct-14
19-Sep-14

hemlock hermit's embedded Photo
hemlock hermit's embedded Photo
Had a few shot opportunities at this one, so far I've decided it lives to see another season granted a BMW doesn't bulldoze it or some mangy coyote catches up to it. Plenty of other deer in this area but was just wondering what some of your thoughts were on taking a deer like this.

19-Sep-14
Many years ago I had a 4pt like that in Prospect and I let it walk and then one day it brought me in a nice 4-1/2 yr old 9 pt so for me I would wait util the last day of the season to shoot.

19-Sep-14
Let it walk

20-Sep-14
I will let it walk.

20-Sep-14
I would not shoot it unless you planned to do some type of full body mount and of course eat the meat otherwise let it walk. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you have always wanted a Piebald then have at it. They are not as rare as they used to be and nothing more then a gene mutation from in breeding. Ive know two people that shot a doe Piebald just cause and did the mounts but an old Indian curse says if you shoot one you will have bad luck. My friend and guide in NY shot one 3 years ago and since then he has shot a Pope and young in NY and a Pope and Young / Booner in Kansas every year so I say the bad luck curse is false.

20-Sep-14
Piebald deer, cool to see. Id let it walk

20-Sep-14
I've only ever seen one while out hunting, it was a doe and I let her walk because I was hoping for a shot at the 8 pointer that was following her. Thinking about it later, I realized that I've shot many bucks, she was something special. Much less white on the one I saw than the doe in that picture.

Yes, I'd probably shoot her, but then again, the shoot/no shoot decision is always a spur of the moment call for me. I have sometimes decided not to shoot a deer, then later wondered why. Sometimes it just doesn't feel right I guess. For example some places I hunt now have lower deer numbers, I won't be shooting any does in those spots.

Maybe that's part of maturing as a hunter, not HAVING to kill something to enjoy the hunt. I guess we all hunt for our on personal reasons.

If I shot a Piebald, I'd probably tan the hide, I think that would be pretty cool.

20-Sep-14
Ace - Well said!

20-Sep-14
I would've shot her and tan it for the man cave.

20-Sep-14
"I would've shot her and tan it for the man cave." edit: And she has lovely knees!

:-)

20-Sep-14
Cool to see. I think I'd let it walk, and try to get a picture like you did. Good move.

20-Sep-14
cool to see. I was one last year with a little more brown on the back legs. decision is yours. someone will take it. I personally would let it go.

20-Sep-14
Lmao. Good one ace. I really lol on this one.

20-Sep-14

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
It would eat fine, I suppose. Deer is a deer. I shot one, got the hide tanned.

21-Sep-14
Bad mojo

22-Sep-14
Beautiful deer...

02-Oct-14
I have to say I would have taken this one! My brother shot one in Georgia many years ago, and has a full mount in his shop. Something to treasure for a lifetime!

03-Oct-14
If I wanted to shoot a doe and it was a doe I would shoot it....Deer is a deer...

I too would tan the hide....pretty cool...

04-Oct-14
Shoot, tan & eat.

• Sitka Gear