Fess613 20-Sep-14
Cranial Vault 20-Sep-14
jdrdeerslayer 20-Sep-14
fingers 21-Sep-14
Ungie01201 22-Sep-14
19-Sep-14

fingers's embedded Photo
fingers's embedded Photo
Shot a big 6 pointer yesterday morning on state land . He walked in about 7:10 am into my 15 yd shooting lane . Took the shot and he only went about 40 yds and piled up .

19-Sep-14
Nice job.

19-Sep-14
Management buck? That looks like a decent buck, especially taken on state land. Congrats!

19-Sep-14
He's a beauty - sounds like a fun hunt, a drag worthy of a fun hunt and some great memories. AWESOME!

19-Sep-14
Congrats.

20-Sep-14
Great deer. Congrats!

20-Sep-14
Nice job

20-Sep-14
Nice buck

20-Sep-14
Congrats I have always wanted a big 6 pointer and to take him on state land is awesome.

20-Sep-14
Congratulations on your buck Fingers. The first deer of a season is always special.

I'm curious as to why you call it a Management buck. That term is usually used for bucks that you would want to take out of the gene pool.

Do you think that this buck is old or genetically inferior and won't grow lager antlers?

I'm hoping that your happy with him, because too often I see and hear about guys killing bucks and then acting like their sorry it's not a monster.

Let's all remember that taking a life is not a decision to be made lightly. Killing is a part of hunting, but it's only a part. Deciding before you release an arrow if you'll be happy with it, is something we owe to that animal. They won't get any bigger if they're dead.

20-Sep-14
Brow tines missing. I would've shot him with or without them.

20-Sep-14
Nice buck Fingers, congrats!

20-Sep-14
Management buck my a$$. That's a fine deer!!

Be proud of that.

20-Sep-14
@ Ace , what I ment was , management buck , I managed to shoot him without screwing it up . Like making noise, getting winded, or getting caught moving . I am very happy with him . Maybe if he was a 4.5 year old and still had 6 points and no brows then he would probably be a management buck . It was late last night when I wrote this and forgot to put in the pun . I was tired.

20-Sep-14
Nice buck, congrats

20-Sep-14
Congrats on the deer! We live in CT...we're not culling bad genetic pools on vast farms growing alfalfa, clover, etc. as an Outfitter operation tracking dozens of bucks on camera. Don't downplay your descision to take him. I'm sure 99% of the guys here would have and those who wouldn't are lying.

20-Sep-14
Be proud....any deer with a bow is a great deer and you can eat the horns! CT isn't the Midwest most the deer here don't have the genetics or food to reach Midwest status.

21-Sep-14
Thank you all , there was no way I was going to let that buck walk without putting an arrow thru him . I had bumped him the day before on my way to my stand . He was about 70 yds when I saw him and he saw me too . He ran off and I could see his antlers and I thought that he was an 8 pointer . Couldn' t see if he had brow tines or not . I went in the next morning another 150 yds up the trail from were I saw him the day before and set up there . At 7:10 am I look to my right and here he comes out of this gully . Walks in to 15 yds and I shot him . He jumps then walks about 40 yds and just stands there behind the brush for over 10 mins then disappears . I sat in my stand u ntill 9:00am before getting down. Walked over to where I last saw him slowly to look for blood. I get there and I didn't see any blood at first then I look up and there he was piled up . He never left that spot . He was a big body deer . I'm thinking between 165-170 pounds on the hoof . He is my biggest buck with a bow.

22-Sep-14
Congrats... that is a fine buck!

• Sitka Gear