Hammer 21-Sep-14
Dampland 21-Sep-14
smokey 23-Sep-14
Bloodtrail 24-Sep-14
MoBioBowman 27-Sep-14
19-Sep-14

MoBioBowman's embedded Photo
I've been watching this Doe all summer, she has these black spots, it almost looks like she's loosing patches of fur. I'm new to bowhunting - anything to worry about this? Any thoughts here? Seems like the mange on a dog.

19-Sep-14

Is she healthy? Should I take her so she doesn't spread something???

20-Sep-14
Looks like lumps under the hide. You won't know unless You take her. Probably a parasite but a good one to take and see what's up.Call the local dnr bio for help when harvested.

20-Sep-14
It looks like she is shifting to winter coat but difficult to see from cell screen.

20-Sep-14
Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I find out.

21-Sep-14
Do not shoot that doe because you think something is wrong with her!

She is extremely fat and healthy - simply shedding her summer coat for winter coat.

Google it if you need to and look at many pics of deer going through this process for both winter and summer.

21-Sep-14
At the corner of Hy C and Green Bay Road in Ozaukee County there is a doe that is either the darkest gray ever or an all black doe. Black as coal! I've seen her twice. Still has the white underside, neck patch and tail. Very cool. I have seen her twice now.

21-Sep-14
She is likely just molting her coat that's all. I have deer here that look similar as the year goes on but not quite that dark. I don't think she has has any issues just molting her coat. She looks healthy. If she looks like that in a month I will be surprised. Time will tell if it is a molt or some kind of mange or something. Report back in a month what she looks like so we all know what happens.

21-Sep-14
she looks normal to me. Just changing from summer to winter coat. I have captured hundreds of deer photos looking like this over the years. All is well, no need to worry. Good luck bow hunting!

23-Sep-14
Mosquitos. The extreme skeeter population this year has some of the deer and elk almost raw from the pests.

24-Sep-14
Keep watching that deer - would be interesting to see what the coat does. I suspect it will change as it appears to be doing now. But who knows - that's my guess.

27-Sep-14
Thanks guys! I'll keep you updated as I watch her, she's a regular on my property.

• Sitka Gear