Homesteady 21-Sep-14
Wild Bill 21-Sep-14
Will 21-Sep-14
fingers 22-Sep-14
Inspector 22-Sep-14
Turtle504 22-Sep-14
spike78 23-Sep-14
20-Sep-14
Seems to me that every season, the first time out for the season it tzkes forever to get set up and ready and no matter how much pre season prep you do, you allways seem to forget something. Got out this morning fir the first time, got dressed put on the backpack and climber grabbed the bow walked 20 yards from tne truck and relized I never put my stabilizer on my bow walked back and put it on, Even worse around 9:00 reached in the backpack and to my dismay...no piss bottle. So the question is what have you forgotten? ?????

20-Sep-14
We all do it I have not had to many problems bow hunting but left a trigger lock on my shotgun one time and didnt have a key on me because my kid had the car keys. A half mile in and I had to walk all the way back and have him meet me at the truck. As far as a piss bottle I know some guys especially if your hunting big bucks would never piss in the woods but I have shot so many deer in my life and I have pissed from my tree stand onto the ground for as long as I have been hunting some 43 odd years. I also used to smoke and had to put a ciggarette out to shoot 2 of my best MA bow bucks. I have had people say they forgot their release. I have mine on when I leave the house.

20-Sep-14
i forgot my bow and my wallet on the wall in front of my place last year,had to drive back 20 min....another time i drove from new hartford to shelton with my bow on the tool box..i dont understand how it never blew off onto rt8

20-Sep-14
Last Monday I forgot my entire pack.....knife license binoculars etc... had to go print another license and borrow a knife lol Wouldn't of been able to do that back years ago...

20-Sep-14
I forgot my boots one time. Was going hunting after work so packed everything in my truck...had to hunt in nice black dress shoes. Sure are slippery on the leaves.

Another time I forgot the rope I use to pull my bow up in my stand (I use a climber). Had to Jerry-rig my shoe laces, belt and tow rope to get it long enough to pull up my bow.

Other than that, I've been pretty fortunate in 30 seasons bow hunting......I did forget the Butt-Out tool one time...can't leave home without that bad boy.

20-Sep-14
When I took my bow safety course the instructor told us to keep an extra trigger release in your pack. Boy did that help today. Guess I was to excited to get out.

20-Sep-14
Release aid

20-Sep-14
All ways have the spare release in the backpack, just hipe i dont forgetvthe backpack lol

20-Sep-14
Ha, at least you only made it 20 yards. Piss bottle I can do without, I never have to take a leak when I'm hunting, don't know why. Now that I said that....

Forgot my release last season, didn't realize it until I knocked an arrow, and it was a real pia spot to get into for a morning hunt, I'll never do that again, I always double check my priority items before heading out.

20-Sep-14
I just remembered after reading some others. I drove about 40 miles on the highway doing 70 and all of a sudden said oh crap and pulled the Blazer over. My son was like whats wrong and all I could do was pray because I left my brand new bow on the roof rack when we left the woods.I was so relived it was there and had slid down between the rack so it didnt slide off sideways.

20-Sep-14
"another time i drove from new hartford to shelton with my bow on the tool box..i dont understand how it never blew off onto rt8"

Cuz you drive like an old lady, that's why.

I forgot my range finder for my son. I paced 10 and 20 yards and placed spare arrows on the ground.

I went hunting once and forgot to go home for a week. my ex wife was gone by the time I remember to go back.

21-Sep-14
Lol, been there with the release. Now I hook it around my string and clip the release on the string.. So far so good lol

21-Sep-14
Couple years ago I hunted RI. My drive was from western Ma and had to turn around in Hartford cuz I forgot my climber. Came back and in the same spot I avoided traffic by going over the line in your diamond lane and got pulled over and a ticket. This year I went bear hunting and walked halfway and realized my license was in truck so went back got it turned around walked halfway realized i forgot mosquito stuff and said screw it and I got eaten alive for hours.

21-Sep-14
I did a 30 minute walk in to find I had forgotten my safety harness. I got 3 kids, so walked all the way back, grabbed it, walked all the way in again, then 3 hours later missed a buck. Probably my worst day hunting.

21-Sep-14
I for got to wrap the toe strap buckle so it wouldn't clack against the stand. I use the fleece bag I store my harness in. It rides up the tree on the base section and I use it to wrap the buckle.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to leave the house earlier than I did and arrived slightly before sunrise.

21-Sep-14
Forgot my pack once. Really debated what to do. But the thought of field dressing a deer with a broad head was horrible, so I bailed. Hope I dont do that again!

22-Sep-14
We always forget something at one time or another . It happens to all of us .

22-Sep-14
Forgot to pack my deer drag in my pack, didn't miss it till Sat, dragging by the legs suck.

22-Sep-14
TODAY I went and checked a camera and left my machete stuck in the ground next to it...I'll get it next week. Lol... O and a couple years ago I packed the 30-30, got half way to vt for rifle season and realized I didn't bring any 30-30 bullets. Figured it wouldn't be a problem and kept north bound...I called every single gun shop,walmart, Kmart. You name it ...not one box of 30-30 in a hundred miles of west bridge water...I was the butt end of jokes for a while

23-Sep-14
Also, when I went on my Maine bear hunt I brought my 25/06 for coyote calling and forgot the key to the trigger lock back home.

• Sitka Gear