Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
BigZ 20-Sep-14
grizzlyadam 20-Sep-14
BigZ 21-Sep-14
Onthehunt 22-Sep-14
steve 22-Sep-14
20-Sep-14
Had my first sit this afternoon. Very windy and no action. I have a long walk out and jumped a deer standing almost on the trail 20 yards away. Didn't see it due to the dark and only heard it and saw the flag. Didn't go far. Not sure which side of the trail he/she came from.

My question is do deer jump back into the thick cover on the side they were coming from or where they are going to?

It may be a stupid question or it may not be not sure. Just figured it would be interesting to know.

20-Sep-14
Just like a deer crossing a road, they know that where they came from is safe so the will usually run back that way. But if another deer crossed in front of them they usually will run across where that deer already went.

21-Sep-14
Grizzly, I agree and has been my exact thought process too. I believe this deer was alone and only jumped and went 20 yards from where I jumped it. Pretty sure he/she was alone.

22-Sep-14
My story I was walking to my stand fri morning in the dark at 530am. I jumped a deer that had bedded donw not more the twenty yards from my stand. I'm walking to my stand and I hear the deer jump. I wait a bit figure the deer didn't run far since I didn't hear more movement. I head towards my stand and look to my left. About 15 yrds away I see two gloing eyes staring right at me. I guess the deer didn't think I saw it. I keep heading to stand and look to my left. The glowing eyes are still there. I could probably trow an arrow at it it was close enough. I chuckle to my self and climb up my stand. As I'm climbing I hear the deer heading. Out. Funny. I got the whole thing on camera. A deer comes by at 4am beds down. Then jumps up at 525am and moves away. Then my coming in at 530. Funny.

22-Sep-14
There all different .

• Sitka Gear