trucker 22-Sep-14
Pete-pec 22-Sep-14
Pete-pec 22-Sep-14
Zonks32 25-Sep-14
BillB 30-Sep-14
10orbetter 01-Oct-14
10orbetter 01-Oct-14
22-Sep-14
Well I see on the other thread there were some nice bucks taken. I am down south till Sunday, and hope to take a nice doe this week.....

Go back up north next Monday, where I will be for a few months.

Pick up my new dog Chase tomorrow, he is going to love it up there, seeing some grouse, more than I thought this year.....

Saw a nice buck last nite sneaking along the edge of a field and woods, about 100 yards away, (Washington co).......

good luck to all........... BT I will send you a PM today

22-Sep-14
I sat Saturday night in Price county by our cabin. Had one come in from behind me, too thick to see. Another got downwind of me, dang light changing winds, and sat and snorted for 10-15 mins. Did some scouting in the Clark county forest yesterday, wow, pretty bleak looking. I thought the sign was pitifull up north, at least I can find deer up there. The only decent looking spot where I found the deer feeding good on acorns had a corn pile in it. After all day of scouting, about 5:00 I drove a few miles of the forest roads for about 1-1/2 hrs. I saw 1 vehicle hunting off one of them. I couldn't believe that, years ago there would be quite a few. Unless I can find a honey hole, the public land around me anyway does not look good.

22-Sep-14
I had plenty of deer on the cam, with a nice 8 pt, up until opening day. On public ground in Trempealeau. They quit coming into the acorns during the day after, the season opened. The sign went way down after that. I haven't seen a deer on stand. Did some scouting this morning, and nowhere looks great. Going to be a long season I think. I'll be waiting for the fields to get cut.

22-Sep-14
Saw a very small doe tonight at twenty yards feeding on acorns, and a red fox at ten yards. So many chipmunks and squirrels out with the biggest crop of acorns I have ever witnessed. Wondering if there is a connection to the acorn abundance to the cold winter? I have seriously never seen this type of mast crop. I have been hearing the same across the state from many fellow hunters and friends. Maybe the spring is the answer, but the certain commonality was the winter we all had. I'm thinking there is some trigger that allows for a rejuvenation following such a harsh winter? Any old-timers have any data that shows a non scientific connection to cold winters and a crazy acorn drop? I noticed my walnut tree is as full as I've ever seen it as well. Was it the perfect spring for flowering or something mother nature (figuratively) does to pay forward after such a harsh winter?

22-Sep-14

25-Sep-14
Sat last night and wish I wouldn't have. Clouds rolled in, wind changed, and the skeets were awful.

Saw a ton of squirrels and chippys and one owl. The owl was definitely the highlight of my sit.

30-Sep-14

BillB's embedded Photo
BillB's embedded Photo
Saw these two Sunday evening on public land in Outagamie County.

01-Oct-14
I sat last night and had twin buck fawns come out to the beans at around 5 PM. Then had a doe and very tiny fawn appear the last half hour of light.

01-Oct-14
I sat last night and had twin buck fawns come out to the beans at around 5 PM. Then had a doe and very tiny fawn appear the last half hour of light.

• Sitka Gear