SILVERADO 26-Sep-14
longbeard 27-Sep-14
longbeard 27-Sep-14
SILVERADO 27-Sep-14
SILVERADO 27-Sep-14
SILVERADO 27-Sep-14
SILVERADO 27-Sep-14
24-Sep-14
Has anyone been able to get these and is it worth changing from the ones i have been using for years ?

24-Sep-14
I use the grizztricks, I love them massive holes.

24-Sep-14
I use both grizztricks2 and vipertrick. Both make amazing entrance and exit wounds. The magnums are their biggest cutting broadhead. The question would not be its cutting capability. We know all their products are good. The question would be how do they fly?

All their other stuff flies just like field points(at least out of my bow).

24-Sep-14
I Agree with crow as I have used both and they are equally as deadly. However, I disagree with crow as the grizz2 are the largest in the family. 1-1/8" MAGNUM BLADES: .035 SS LUTZ MERCEDES BLADES FERRULE: Super Steel AVAILABILITY: 100gr & 125gr CUT: 1-1/8" + 1-1/8" = 2-1/4" Total Blade Cut BLADELOCK: Alcatraz - Patented TIP: 4 Edge, Bone Splitting FLIGHT: Field Point, Most Bows NOTES: First Super Short Broadhead in 2000. Whole industry followed. Mech flight and holes with fixed strength, penetration and reliability. Amazed bowhunters coined the term "SLUG HOLES" after seeing MAG kills. LEGENDARY. 3 Pack Comes in Standard and Deep Six. Ferrule BLADES: .035 SS LUTZ MERCEDES BLADES FERRULE: Super Steel AVAILABILITY: 100gr & 125gr CUT: 1-1/4" + 1-1/4" = 2-1/2" Total Blade Cut BLADELOCK: Alcatraz - Patented TIP: 4 Edge, Bone Splitting FLIGHT: Field Point, good tune and spine NOTES: The 1 1/4" four blade GRIZZTRICK 2 gives you the flight and holes of a 1 1/2" three blade mech, but with the superior strength, penetration and reliability of a fixed head. Like the massive ferocious Grizzly the GT2 is a big mean head that hits hard and puts animals down quickly. Simply DEVESTATING.

24-Sep-14
The magnums are a fantastic broadhead and are devastating, you'll not be disappointed. Unlike mechanical broadheads that take the path of least resistance, these will plow thru bone. You can't go wrong with any of there products.

24-Sep-14
You are 100% right Dave. GT2 are the biggest and baddest of them all.

24-Sep-14
probably should have mentioned I shoot a 10 point x bow, sorry.

24-Sep-14
I love Slick Tricks too...been using them for a couple of years now, but they certainly aren't "bone splitting" I say this with a lot of angst, because I have had a few sleepless nights since last Friday when I hit the biggest buck of my bow hunting career dead smack center on the shoulder bone and have nothing but tears to show for it...wouldn't wish this scenario on anybody and its hard to fathom why this type of thing happens...sick to my stomach!!

24-Sep-14
One word RAGE

24-Sep-14
One word RAGE

24-Sep-14
Longbeard, sorry to hear about your loss. In my experience the Slick Trick Magnums do an outstanding job on bone (leg, shoulder, spine). They blow right through it when your bow/arrow setup is maximized for hard hitting penetration. There are variables that can hinder this as all shots/angles are different. I wouldn't hesitate to use these heads on any North American animal.

24-Sep-14
I use rage and love them! I hope you're not saying they would make difference if you hit the shoulder bone! Really sucks to loose one, especially a nice buck! Sorry to hear that

24-Sep-14
Love my slick tricks. They don't go far. My buddy swears by Nap Blood Runners. To each their own

25-Sep-14
I dnt know about the bone penetration topic. I personally use them and took a deer using them with a hole an inch in diameter yesterday. I could see the blood coming out as the deer ran. But...last season I had a 6point buck at ten yards shot in the shoulder. I saw the arrow fly; hit the deer kick 90 degrees sideways and land to the side of the deer. It never penetrated. That 10 yrds 56lb compound 28" pull. Oh and sight was lose thus the miss. Pos sight gone. So to was deer

25-Sep-14
Thanks all, I picked up a pkg of GT2s last night on the way home. Luck to all

25-Sep-14
Treeman, i shot a deer with a Rage and it worked great, big hole and down in 20 yards and i was hooked. I then had them keep popping open everytime they touched something, the replacement blade kit sucks, and i watched a bunch of videos where a guy had no penetration and he said he was done with them. Long story short, its Slick Tricks for me now, no more mech heads. If i ever change from Tricks it would be Samauri or Grizzly two blade heads. Ive been using the standards but you guys have me intrigued with the other Slicks.

26-Sep-14
Blood don't get me wrong, I love them and still use them but don't think any of them are bone splitters...I probably shoot and average set up like most guys on here and it didn't even come close to splitting that shoulder bone...I shoot 63lbs at 29", St Epics 340's with 100 grain ST standards and I can still see that 150" deer run away with an AM antenna sticking out of his shoulder!

26-Sep-14
150" in ct great deer long beard what town was he in?

27-Sep-14

longbeard's embedded Photo
Silver here is a couple of trailcam pics for you to judge yourself...I know he is in the mid 140's at least...I was able to watch him up close for a couple of minutes before I shot, in fact he walked right under my stand...the town he resides in is Wilton

27-Sep-14

Here's another

27-Sep-14

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
Looks very similar to this guy also from Wilton. However 4 years ago. Possibly an offspring.

27-Sep-14

Definitely at least mid 140's beauty of a buck. Here's a 140 my buddy shot last year for comparison.

27-Sep-14

27-Sep-14

2011 pic of the buck from my spot, notice how his rack changed.

• Sitka Gear