CTCrow 24-Sep-14
Ace 24-Sep-14
CTCrow 24-Sep-14
CTCrow 24-Sep-14
Will 24-Sep-14
Dartondog 24-Sep-14
notme 24-Sep-14
24-Sep-14
I never thought I would ever have to use one but physical ailments prevent me from using a compound bow anymore and it is what it is. Just thought I would share how sighting in went. I really liked and wanted the Excalibur Matrix 310 because it was legal in NY and shoots an impressive 310 FPS for the size and weight etc.Mostly because of the ease of care and changing strings yourself if needed and no cam wheels or cables etc.and you can decock it instead of having to shoot a blunt arrow or carry a Xbow target in your truck.I also heard how accurate they were. I purchased the bare bow Matrix from Wyvern Creations of NH online and I upgraded the scope that he sells with his basic bow kit for $30.00 more. I made my first shot at a mark on my 3D Whitetail target at 20 yards and was 2 inches left and an inch high. I knew I was solid so I made the adjustments and aimed at a arrow hole in my target and hit it. Just to make sure it wasnt a fluke I did it two more times. I could hit a dime sized hole at 20 yards almost at will. I moved to 30 yards and tried it after setting the scope compensator ring for the projected speed of the bow.I had to adjust it to 315 FPS but after that I again could pick out a small mark and hit it at 30, 40, and 50 yards with the etched reticles in the scope. Amazing accuracy was all I can say. They are loud and I wouldnt shoot much over 30 yards just because of the noise making the deer jump but WOW !!!! this bow is deadly accurate.

24-Sep-14
Sounds good John, im sure you will be just as happy with an xbow deer. I used one before in VA and took a doe. What head you using?

24-Sep-14
Sounds good John, im sure you will be just as happy with an xbow deer. I used one before in VA and took a doe. What head you using?

24-Sep-14
Crossbows are amazing! You can shoot deer at 60-70 yards easily.

24-Sep-14
CROW!

Too many newbies read this site and they won't know that you're being sarcastic.

And you forgot the smiley face.

24-Sep-14
Oops. ;-)

24-Sep-14
ACE, have you been out yet?

24-Sep-14
Awesome to hear Darton. Fingers crossed you have lots of success with the new weapon!

24-Sep-14
Spike I went with his suggestion just the original 1 inch standard Slick Trick. Im shooting his custom Gold Tip Lazer shafts. I watch Gus on the show called The Wild Life and he uses them for Big Game all over the world and with the 4 blades instead of 3 they leave slug holes in game and are bone crunching hard. I shot 3 arrows today with field tips and used the a Slick Trick 100 grain head with a Nocturnal on the back to test one hunting set up and usually I like to shoot every arrow I buy at least once of twice to make sure I dont have a flyer and with this set up it is the first time I dont feel the need to check them. This Xbow is crazy accurate. I mean nuts, I was picking out arrow holes on my 3D target and hitting them dead nuts even out to 40 and was whisker close even at 50. CTcrow I bet there are those that would try a whitetail at 50 or 60 yards but I know better. An Elk size target sure. If I had a deer standing on the edge of a corn field with a 10 MPH wind coming straight at my face and all the stalks rustling were super loud I might try a longer shot if I had a shooting stick or rest in a blind.

24-Sep-14
or had ur own tv show,good luck with it

• Sitka Gear