smokey 26-Sep-14
Bigwoods42 26-Sep-14
10orbetter 26-Sep-14
stagetek 27-Sep-14
Turkeyhunter 27-Sep-14
Bigwoods42 28-Sep-14
Hammer 29-Sep-14
25-Sep-14
Planning on climbing the tree this weekend, although it looks to be in the mid 70's. Never been a big fan of hunting this type of warm weather, but really want to get out. You guys have any thoughts on timing? Hunt all day, late afternoon, water holes etc?? thanks for the ideas-

25-Sep-14
Waterhole yes. Not all day. Evenings better then am. Set up by 3ish. Get between feeding/bedding area.

25-Sep-14
I typically don't, but I'll turkey hunt. Have to follow-up on shots much sooner and then have to get hide off and quartered ASAP. I used to get my early season fix out West pronghorn/deer and the outfitter had a walk in cooler.

25-Sep-14
Novemberforever- good advice thanks. we hunt the big woods, no Ag fields and lots of acorns and other greenery for them to munch on this time of year. I'll do my best to find that place near the big H2O spot. Too early for mock scrapes?

25-Sep-14
Maybe not on the scrapes. My Son came up on 2 2.5yo's at 15 feet in the xp ranger in a battle royal last nite. Weird for now.Waterhole is good. Any nuts dropping?

25-Sep-14
I've seen a couple ridges with acorns dropping. Bumped 3 does out of that area 2 weeks ago. Incidentally, the ridge is 200 yards from a nice water hole. Going to set up there I think. Crazy about the battle already!

26-Sep-14
What area of big woods? I am in NW and acorns are dropping heavy where I hunt. Water everywhere so hunting a water hole is a crap shoot around here.

Not a fan of warm weather hunting either since they start to move late it seems and if one is taken it needs to get processed fast. I wait until over night temps will be cooler.

Still itching to get out but will wait until Monday.

26-Sep-14
smokey- Langlade county. Still thinking the evening hunt right before dark could produce some movement. I'll stay close to beds and water

26-Sep-14
IMO stay out of the woods. The down side is much greater than the upside to hunting in warm conditions. I know it id difficult but, hang in there. Get a last walleye trip in.

Nov. the nuts are dropping only on the mature bucks. LOL

27-Sep-14
I cancelled my weekend hunting because of the warm weather. Probably leave mid-day Thur-Sunday. Much cooler temps forecast.

27-Sep-14
Nice time to be out of doors hunting in shirtsleeves.

Was out last night and spooked something just about shooting time. The cover is dense as can be with no leaves off the trees.

Mosquitoes are fierce what with all the rain lately.

ThermaCELL is a necessity.

28-Sep-14
Hunted sat morning until about 10 am. Had one little fork horn walk right under me to the water hole. Then, radio silence. Hit the lake, good day for a not ride. Got back on. Stand late aternoon. Mosquito fest 2014. Setting up climber was unbearable, broke out the thermacell and rode it out. Nothing. Worse yet, some douche bag stole the SD card out of my camera in a totally shredded area I set up with acorn rage. Earned myself a few beers Saturday night

29-Sep-14
Just hunt over a bait pile and it doesn't matter. lol

• Sitka Gear