roger 26-Sep-14
Dennis Razza 29-Sep-14
tico 30-Sep-14
RC 03-Oct-14
roger 03-Oct-14
RC 04-Oct-14
roger 04-Oct-14
26-Sep-14
I'm interested to know if anyone has actually shot an arrow through the screen of a hunting blind?

And, I'm curious if it's possible to shoot mechanicals through them. I'm guessing, not.

26-Sep-14
Yes, I have shot through my blind windows with fixed blades. Never tried mechanicals. Muzzy broadheads are all you need??? :)

26-Sep-14
Yes, I've tried a number of blind's shoot through screens over the years with both mechanical(when I was so inclined) and fixed heads alike. In the end there is no definitive answer - some heads will work and others won't. In general, if the mech heads are the slip-cam type like Rage then forget it, they will open on impact. Others, like the Rocket Miniblaster3 have delayed deployment of the blades and work just perfect. The other problem is that all mesh screens are made differently from one manufacturer to another. I don't hunt from blinds anymore, but my son does, and we just leave the screens off and let him shoot deer from the open windows.

29-Sep-14
I've shot through a few will no visible effect with g5 strikers... no sure on expandables. Good luck, Dennis

30-Sep-14
I killed my biggest deer to date shooting through the mesh. He was only 17-18 steps but it hit EXACTLY where the pin was. I think that probably under 30 yards or so you are good. If you stretch the range you might start to see the difference. I have been tempter to cut the bottom 3-4 inches out of each window so that it would still be mostly mesh but the arrow wouldn't have to go though. I was shooting a slick trick standard.

03-Oct-14
I've shot 22 hollow points through them and they seemed to fly well.

03-Oct-14
RC, you should switch to solids. Hollow points open on impact just like "The Rage".

04-Oct-14
Yup Roger, them hollow points blew one heck of a hole in the back of whomever blind it was.

04-Oct-14
Camo duct tape will do, old man.......

• Sitka Gear