Contributors to this thread:
Old Crow 26-Sep-14
gobbler 26-Sep-14
Old Crow 26-Sep-14
Old Crow 26-Sep-14
gobbler 26-Sep-14
Babysaph 26-Sep-14
26-Sep-14
I know a lot of you hunt from treestands, how often do you drop an article of clothing, hat, glove, facemask, ect? I made something up years ago that I use a lot, it keeps me from having to climb down and back up to retrieve the items I might drop.

I use a #4 or #5 treble fishing hook, I either pinch the barbs shut or file them off, then I melt some lead and pour it into a mold I made from a brick, where I chiseled out a depression where the hook will set in, then I pour in molten lead and let cool.(This is done to add weight to the hook)

Then I use a plastic zip tie through the eyelet, to make an opening where I can put the end of my bow pull rope through and tie off. I carry my tree hook in a large plastic medicine bottle in my pack, and if I drop something(as long as it's not my pack) I'll get it out and tie the end of my pull rope to the tree hook and go "fishing" for the dropped item.

You will be surprised how easy it is to hook the items, just make sure you have a couple extra feet of rope on your pull rope longer than your treestand height.

The older you get, it makes it a lot easier than climbing down and back up the second time around.

26-Sep-14
That's a good idea. Now see if you can develop a portable elevator to get up and down to stand. LOL

26-Sep-14
I'm working on it! LOL The older I get , I try to find an easier route.LOL

26-Sep-14
gobbler, you hunting tomorrow? I start my vacation at 4 a.m. in the morning until Oct. 9th!

26-Sep-14
No, sitting it out for a while. Good luck to you.

26-Sep-14
Old Crow. Maybe I can hook me one of those Pendleton county spikes with your rig.

• Sitka Gear