Heartshot 27-Sep-14
treesitter 27-Sep-14
Brianbowhunter 27-Sep-14
CTCrow 28-Sep-14
Ungie01201 29-Sep-14
Bowmenbob 30-Sep-14
Will 30-Sep-14
26-Sep-14
up until the season opener I had deer at all hours at toyland ..I haven't seen anything during the day since and been purposely keeping out . I pulled the sd card today and every pic of deer I have is all at night between 9 pm -4 am . there weren't any pics of yotes or foxes . I know that there are other guys hunting the area a few miles away . what could've caused them to go nocturnal so fast ?

26-Sep-14
A lot is changing... I had a simular stand , I was getting 100+ pics a week mostly day pics 10 or so different deer and since last week almost nothing. I belive it due to factors such as acorns are abundant and they were not really falling much a few weeks ago...we will also have to start to deal with falling maple leaves now too....Lotta food spreads them out and they don't have to travel or show them selves as much

26-Sep-14
This happens every year to me. My main hunting property I consistently have a heard of 20-25 different deer that I know are in the area. I average 500-700 pictures per week and come now till mid/late October they vanish like they moved. Around late October early November they come back and that's when the big boys show up. Weird creatures I used to go crazy wondering where they go but my guess is this is a large area of woods rich in greens and acorns and once they go into they fall mode they don't leave the deep woods until they have to go looking for other source of food.

26-Sep-14
Happens to me every year, usually don't start getting action again till mid October.

26-Sep-14
The area I'm hunting I was getting I had 200-300 pics a week I'm down to 5-10 also noticed acorns stopped dropping in the area.

27-Sep-14
Out in Chaplin same thing bud but then again u shot one this morning :)

27-Sep-14
same thing in my spot, two weeks ago lots of activity during the day. Now very little movement night or day at all. No oaks in my area so Im sure that's where they went.

27-Sep-14
I hunted one of my large clover plots last night. Deer came by in the woods eating acorns but stayed out of the clover plot, 2 weeks ago they were hammering it.

28-Sep-14
I'm glad you found them.

29-Sep-14
happened to me a couple of years ago... I had a dozen different bucks and about the same number of does coming around and they suddenly stopped about week or so before season. This was a huge farm, so I do think it was, in part, due to the crop damage hunters. Watched a guy shoot a doe out of truck one night that was almost in bow range of me. I got out of stand and talked to him and thanked him for ruining my hunt.... he mentioned they had shot a "handful" of bucks already. I hope there are no corp damage hunters there "hunting" like these guys did. They were the landowners nephews, so I guess they could do what they wanted.

30-Sep-14
First thing I would do is check if any other hunters are using bait,I know not all county's, is it hunt in a county where it is.We stopped doing all baiting about 6 years ago,It seamed rite about now a lot of deer would go nocturnal.We stopped baiting even to get photos during the summer.We still notice less deer in the area now, but still feeding in the fields They seam to be not interested in the white oaks yet.And you will go crazy trying to figure it out.Ill take luck and a lot of time in the stand any day over science.

30-Sep-14
I have noticed, trees that were not dropping nuts, now are. I have a massive white oak that looked like it was only dropping a few nuts here and there this year, and all of a sudden this week, it is dropping them by the ton. Could just be new food sources.

• Sitka Gear