spike78 27-Sep-14
Dr. Deer 04-Oct-14
grizzlyadam 04-Oct-14
Dr. Deer 05-Oct-14
grizzlyadam 05-Oct-14
vvreddy 05-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 06-Oct-14
26-Sep-14
A friend of mine invites me to hunt deer on his property which is around 30 acres. I'd like to try using my 9mm pistol during the private rifle season. However, the permit is called " revolver deer endorsement ". Does it mean I can only use revolver for deer hunting? Can I use my pistol? Thx.

26-Sep-14
pg 16 in the regs..revolver deer endorsement, 357 up

26-Sep-14
9mm = 0.354in< 0.357 , is it the issue?

26-Sep-14
I'd say your no good by looking at the laws.... both in caliber and pistol style

27-Sep-14
U shouldnt need to ask if you had a safety course .

27-Sep-14
Sorry for confusion. I got my hunting education certificate at California. When I call CT DEEP,the lady gave me more wrong info. Thx for all your replies.

27-Sep-14
Be safe, take the rifle. 9's abit small anyway.

29-Sep-14
Yes, I beleive it's revolvers only. .357 mag and up. I have a private land piece and will try it with a .44 mag Ruger Redhawk this year. 7/1/2 inch barrel but I'll limit my shot distance like I'm bowhunting. Always wanted to take one with a handgun. Should be fun. Bring shooting sticks or make sure you have a good rest if you guys try it. Makes a big difference than if shooting offhand.

04-Oct-14
Nine's are for bad guys, not deer. Can't go wrong with a .44

04-Oct-14
Don't forget to pay the fee for a special permit to make hunting more difficult while still using the tags you already paid to use.

05-Oct-14
Really Griz??? CT is majorly effed up. But still, a tag in New Mexico for elk is like... $750. All in all, CT may be the most economical deer hunt in the country.

05-Oct-14
How much for a resident doc? Were not talking about elk either. If you want to use a pistol to shoot a deer during rifle season you need to pay an additional fee to do so, you don't get an extra tag or anything. You have to pay to use a pistol rather than a rifle, muzzleloader, or shotgun. That makes lots of sense.

05-Oct-14
New Mexico elk compared to CT does? I'll happily pay $750 if you can transplant a nice elk to CT for me to shoot :)

06-Oct-14
The elk tag is $787 for a non-resident and the license is $65. I would pay that every day for elk in CT.

• Sitka Gear