Contributors to this thread:
jdrdeerslayer 26-Sep-14
jdrdeerslayer 27-Sep-14
Stick Slinger 05-Oct-14
jdrdeerslayer 06-Oct-14
amstaffman 12-Oct-14
jdrdeerslayer 15-Oct-14
26-Sep-14
So how is howell co over all for deer quality and numbers? Also how is the national Forrest for hunting ( I think it's mark twain) reason I ask is my father just moved there and I will probably go out next year to hunt with him. I do know he has taken a doe already on his property this year and says he sees a lot of deer but hasn't seen anything big yet ( only been there since beginning of August) thx guys

27-Sep-14
Wow this forum is quiet huh....

05-Oct-14
Howell County is one of the leading counties with deer kill numbers. Some years it leads. Plenty of bucks and does. Buck antler size is a bit on the small side compared to northern counties. We have too many hunters that shoot any deer they see. Bucks don't live long enough to develop big racks, though I have seen a few nice racks. There is not a point limit on the antlers here.

There is plenty of Mark Twain land to hunt on. I hunt south of Willow Springs on Mark Twain land. I can go days and not see another hunter. Some times I wish there were more hunters to stir the deer up (gun season). During bow season, I am glad there are no hunters and I mean NO HUNTERS.

06-Oct-14
The for the reply. ...my dad is actually in willow springs. He has seen plenty of deer but no big buck as if yet. But the not hunting pressure is a good thing. I will hopefully be down next year..

12-Oct-14
wife and I just bought a 5acre place outside Willow Springs ,retiring in 2 years,getting out of Northern Illinois ,looking forward to bowhunting, and milder winters , just wondering about the feral or wild hogs I've heard about in Mo. anybody have any first hand contact ???,thanks

15-Oct-14
My dad did the same thing....he was in Florida but choose willow springs being it is cooler than FL in summer and has milder winters than we do up here in mass. So far he has not seen any feral hogs.

• Sitka Gear