Vermont
Contributors to this thread:
VTslinger 26-Sep-14
beanie 27-Sep-14
bigbuck 28-Sep-14
greenmountain 01-Oct-14
Roxruckers 01-Oct-14
26-Sep-14
With the season only a week away I'm surprised at the lack of chatter here. I hope people show up when things get going. We had a fair amount of activity on our cameras until about two weeks ago. Now that the ground is covered in nuts the deer pics are spotty. They really don't need to much as much I'm guessing. Good luck too all next weekend. My clothes and gear are washed and ready to go.

27-Sep-14
Anyone going to Garys today

28-Sep-14
I don't know where everyone went, used to be a busy forum they must have moved to some other site,I still check often,been out scouting surprised at the number of acorns that have dropped in the past week,doesnt look like the deer here in south central vt will have to travel far to find food have seen a couple of nice bucks the last few times out one nice 8point running with a small 6.Good Luck to all out there!!

01-Oct-14
I have dropped in a few times and noticed the lack of posts. I wish everyone a safe and successful hunt this year. My idea of a successful hunt is seeing game and maybe getting a shot. ( I still like to load the meat pole but it is no longer essential)

01-Oct-14
I hate to say it but I stopped hunting VT. Season is too short and there are few deer. Southern Tier NY season is 10/1-11/15, letting you bowhunt during the rut just before the orange army shows up. I still buy my tag in VT to support the fish and wildlife department, but I just don't hunt deer here anymore. In order to get young kids into hunting, they have to see deer from their stand or they will bore of it quickly. Don't know what else to say.

• Sitka Gear