Zinger 29-Sep-14
Per48R 29-Sep-14
smokey 29-Sep-14
Bloodtrail 29-Sep-14
happygolucky 30-Sep-14
Jeff in MN 30-Sep-14
live2hunt 30-Sep-14
28-Sep-14
Reroofing your house. Take the old shingles to the nearest dead end road in your own neighborhood, dump the shingles while also throwing in all those pesky mail order catalogs with your address on them.Sad

28-Sep-14
dup

28-Sep-14
Nov. welcome to urban sprawl. Out on my 40 that I hunt, I've removed refrigerators, computers, sofas, TV's, VCR's, tires, tires, and more tires….and the list goes on. IMO, it is the fee based recycling instead of making it part of the property tax bill. It added what $20.00 to your property tax bill? Now when you take this stuff to the recycling center, they charge for leaving it. So everyone can pay a nominal fee of $20.00 on their taxes (and most guys don't think twice about dumping $20.00 at the local gin mill) or pay on the back end by paying OT to the County workers that drive around picking this stuff up. Or, you get saddled with cleaning up someone else's crap. The state is penny wise, dollar foolish! No, just plain stupid.

28-Sep-14
10, so taxpayers should shoulder the cost of people who don't give a darn about the environment? I'm pretty sure people who dump garbage know they are breaking the law. Why should society have to babysit these criminals?

28-Sep-14
Lets face it - people can be pigs and nothing boils my cookies more than a litter bug.

I dont mean to sterotype - but from what I have seen most people involved in the "dumping" of litter are folks that rent property. That's not to say some homeowners do as well.

You would be surprised at the contractors that dump stuff as well. Again not all but some do. I can think of two recent cases were our warden caught two different contrators dumping in the forest. I'm sure that most do it right, just surprised me.

The State and County forest has many dump sites and that County workers dont go in there at all. I dont think that the large trash along the highway would be cause for over time, they get it when they can.

Volunteer groups in my area make trips from time to time, Thank the Lord.

29-Sep-14
Capt. Haha, it didn't take long! No, in utopia nobody should have to put up with anyones crap but, in case you haven't noticed this isn't utopia. Criminals they are. Enforcement though is a problem! Could not put enough boots on the ground. You baby sit either way only with fee based recycling you are taking it on both ends because you have to pay for someone to go around and pick up after them. Will open recycling completely eliminate turds dumping their crap in a ditch? No! Could it reduce it? Yes. What we have now isn't working. Got news for you, as bad as you want your world to be black and white, it's not and never will be. Hope that doesn't traumatize you.

Bloodtrail, I agree with most of what you said but, depending on the township there is OT involved in picking up the larger roadside trash. The more low income housing, the greater the occurrence ( Saukville, Jackson, Slinger, Port Washington…). I got the OT right from a county worker when he said we don't mind so much it's OT for us. I asked why, he said it is low on the priority list.

29-Sep-14
I'm disgusted every time I go into the county forest land by Eau Claire. People can be A## hole pigs is all I can say. The worst I found was someone evidently tore down a garage or a shed and dumped it all in the woods. Sickening.

29-Sep-14
A pile of old shingles and mail order catalogs huh??

Sounds to me like you have a return address for where to deliver it. Put it right at the end of their driveway with a note...."You seem to have lost this. Happy to return it for you. In lieu of reward money, please visit (insert address of local dump)."

29-Sep-14
Howatt, I believe this would fall under, All aspects of outdoor activity's thread.

29-Sep-14
Howatt, must you find something wrong in every post on this site except for those that belong to you? If you don't have anything to contribute to the topic or if you simply do not care about a particular topic, then don't read it. Don't feel like you need to contribute to topics that you have no interest in, it's really ok.

Go back to your threads! You better make sure no crossbow hunters posted pics under your topics!

Anyway I've seen my fair share of refrigerators, tires, and many other old household items just discarded in the woods.

29-Sep-14
Reminds me of when I was in high school and a friend and me dumped a garbage bag of beer cans (ya I know it was wrong but it was HS) on a dead end road. Problem was there was also a couple school papers with my name on them that got thrown in the ditch. I have a nice chat with the Sheriff!

29-Sep-14
When it the last time you saw a car battery in the woods. That "core charge" ie deposit seems to work. We should include the cost of recycling in the purchase price of all items. Then the city could pick up your TV on the curb. Lot easier to drop it at the curb then down the road.

29-Sep-14
I would like to know who is stealing my garbage. Once a week I roll out my garbage cans to the end of the driveway like all my neighbors. The next day the cans are empty. People will steal anything :-)

Seriously, when I worked for USFS we would find a lot of junk out there. There were several times we found addresses and issued citations.

29-Sep-14
brewcrewmike- Nice post!

Howatt is right however - to a point. The initial post really has nothing to do with bowhunters.

However - subsequent posts do have something to do with the sport as we all have to deal with the garbage dumped by yo-yo's when on our hunts from time to time.

Ruining our resources is every bowhunters concern.

30-Sep-14
brewcrewmike +1.

This thread is about trespassing. It is very appropriate on this forum and funny seeing how the idiots basically busted themselves. The Ballsy Violators thread is loaded with trespassing examples. Some people just like to bitch about everything and try to control everyone. The definition of stupidity is shooting a spiker over an illegal bait pile when the LEOs are on to you for habitual illegal baiting and then blaming your dad for it. That is stupidity!

30-Sep-14
I was busted by a warden for littering once when I was 18. We were smelt seining in lake michigan and were packing the truck up with gear and buckets of smelt. While doing that I set a half full beer can on the curb. We just finished packing and closed the tailgate when a warden walks up, checks our fishing licenses and busts me for that half full beer can on the curb. Now come on, anyone that knew me back then would know I would never leave a half full beer can behind. If he had waited another minute he might have seen me finish it off and then toss it after being empty. He must have been a darn good warden that he anticipated what I was going to do. :-)

30-Sep-14
Sure was nice tonight. Went out bowhunting, pulled onto the dirt road, drove past some tires, then a couch with a couple chairs, then two mattresses, then I could park. Gotta love going bowhunting and looking at that crap in the woods, don't ya howatt?

• Sitka Gear