HunterR 06-Oct-14
therealdeal 06-Oct-14
Just some dude 06-Oct-14
10orbetter 06-Oct-14
Slingin Arrows 06-Oct-14
Stinky Jim 06-Oct-14
False Prophet 07-Oct-14
30-Sep-14
I was very encouraged early on before the season. Many does and fawns but not many bucks on camera. Then in late July I had a bachelor group show up with some nice ones in it.... Fast forward to the start of my season and I have seen fewer and fewer deer on cam. Last weekend I hunted Saturday and Sunday morning with no sightings.

My land borders a 200 acre field. This is the second year it is in beans. My neighbor to the west of me has the same observations. I drove east to the farmers on that side and they are all in corn now.... My neighbor and I think they are zoned in on the corn now. Funny, I have acorns (red and white) and apples falling on the ground with no takers... Weird year. I have had this place 15 years and never seen the deer so concentrated on one food source like this.

I am being patient. I know they are still around. It is still very early. The leaves are dropping so I expect things to change soon.

Bill

02-Oct-14
I have beans on my 40 and same result. Once dry, it is over. Can't wait until the farmer takes them out of the field.

03-Oct-14
10orbetter,

Not so by me. The beans are dry, but every evening I have sat, they pound the crap out of them. And I'm not talking one or two deer, I'm seeing at least a dozen or more hitting this field at a time. Have seen a few nice shooters and one giant 12 pointer near dark, but never within bow range. Weird. I've heard once the beans are dry they tend to leave them alone.

04-Oct-14
I have to eat my words, last night they were hammering them. No big bucks though. Who knows, maybe they are all dead since every guy on every property surrounding mine shoots the crap out of everything. Then again, they could be living in my corn. Only time will tell.

04-Oct-14
I'd opt for the living in the corn!

04-Oct-14
Bloodtrail, hope you are correct

04-Oct-14
Have you ever known me to be wrong...OK dont answer that! :^) Good Luck!

04-Oct-14

TrapperJack's embedded Photo
TrapperJack's embedded Photo

04-Oct-14
Trapper-Oh my God that is amazing. You got it going man, nice job. Fantastic! Congratulations. Hope you have a great year this year. Are each of those public land kills or do you have a private honey hole?

04-Oct-14
Congrats Trapper!

05-Oct-14
Hey come on FIP, he is a stud! Give the man some Props, don't tear the guy down. keep tearing them up Trapper. If it's brown it's down baby! Shoot a button and you will have the meat hunters slam. Again congratulations. Don't let these guys get you down man.

05-Oct-14
Trapper, those pics of Howatt/RC/Ronny/rickflare et al, shows his hunting prowess. All those inventions sure have paid dividends. I wonder if he grunted in that baby 3pt? I think he could carry out the 2 fawns in his fanny pack - together.

05-Oct-14
Howat must have been invited to RC sons wedding. Not a peep from him.

05-Oct-14
I'm still here, just thinking....BTW my sons wedding was great!

06-Oct-14
"After re-reading I see its trapperjack (formerly known here as Blackburn before he was banned for making physical threats upon me) that posted all the old pictures of me." Huh???? RC it never ceases to amaze us that you think some people are others. Just because you have many different names does not mean we are all like that. So please stop saying I'm another poster.

06-Oct-14
Oh I guess I have a little egg on my face for accusing FIP of posting pics he did not. edit....I gotta get a life.

06-Oct-14
This may have turned into the most bizarre thread ever. Pretty creepy!

06-Oct-14
Not taking sides. Plenty of guilt to go around, just saying. It's funny, Bowsite must be therapy for everyone. There is more drama here then actual talk about real hunting. We are the WWE of bowhunting social media. LOL

06-Oct-14
If it was just a simple harvest thread it would be fine, but it isn't. Anyone can see that it was started to create controversy. If we all just ignore the troll maybe he will go away. I doubt it though as it appears that both him and his alter ego are commenting on the same threads, it won't be long and they will be arguing with each other!

06-Oct-14
Not much on here for kills. Just dudes bagging on each other. really no one has put anything down for a dirt nap this week??

06-Oct-14
Zinger+1

If Ron doesn't want to start controversy then he should change the wording on his thread rules, so as to not antagonize the Xbowers. Until Pat bans all x"bow" discussions from the "bow"site Ronny can just go take a leap

06-Oct-14
Well this thread sure went to hell in a hurry.

So did anyone make a kill over the weekend with the good cold front.

06-Oct-14
As a lurker, Wow you guys are making this site almost unbearable just to check in and see what's happening. Its pathetic to see grown adults whine and moan on the internet. There hasn't been one good thread started that hasn't been ruined by someone. Do your egos' really need to be stroked that bad that you continually talk down to everyone. I'm not even calling out one individual is a bunch of people and whether they are using different handles is irrelevant. The posts on here are just plain stupid and childish. I really wish Wisconsin could have a positive forum where we could learn from each other and share our experiences without ridicule. Whose the moderator on this website? They need to learn where the delete button is or maybe they gave up on what appears to be a lost cause. I guess I'm just adding gas to the fire but oh well. Good luck this year guys and be safe.

06-Oct-14
HA! gotcha! glad you admit now that you are Ron. thats funny stuff right there

06-Oct-14
"really no one has put anything down for a dirt nap this week??"

I'm sure several have, but I'm also thinking most folks (including myself) wisely are not responding to any threads/posts that are started by Rancid Crabtree. What a loser.

06-Oct-14
HunterR its Rancd Crabtree bwahahahahhaa he can't even spell his own name! Thats funny stuff right there

06-Oct-14
Worst harvest thread ever.

06-Oct-14
Passed on a doe with two fawns tonight. The near full moon had them all out late. Hope nobody takes her, she is unusually small for this part of the state. She can't be 100 lb.. Both her fawns don't weight 50 lb.. each.

The Grail, (biggest buck that visits the property) got a little late season poke in. Been after the Grail for over four years. Had two failed attempts on him during two different gun seasons, (that is a story in itself), and nearly got a whack at him on Nov. 2 last year. No trail camera shots, hence the Grail! Hoping to get one more chance at him. The surrounding properties are covered with guys looking for him. Good hunting!

06-Oct-14
"No kidding. Like a bunch of damn fools. Thats one of the big reasons I dont miss this place. Jack holes like the ones on this thread that could eff up a one car funeral."

Yet you still come back and ruin every thread. Why don't you go bait some deer and get off the internet for awhile.

Talked to a guy today who had a doe walk by with a 10 pt behind her and an 8 pt behind him. The 10 turned around and they went at it. Everything seems early this year from the leaves turning, to fishing, to hunting. I've only been out once and was able to put a doe in the freezer. Should pick up in the next couple weeks.

Good luck everyone, hunt safe, and lets see some pictures!

06-Oct-14
I guess I have to agree with RC. I don't visit here often. I clicked on this thread and I see all kinds of entries for today. Not one picture. All I get is a bunch of grown men acting like 6 year old kids.

07-Oct-14
"Worst harvest thread ever."

Amen brother Zach

May I recommend the 2014 Kill Thread. Can I get a hallelujah from my brothers and sisters in the back!

• Sitka Gear