Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Stinkbait1 29-Sep-14
treesitter 29-Sep-14
Newkirk Jerry 29-Sep-14
Eddie Bauer 29-Sep-14
Stinkbait1 30-Sep-14
29-Sep-14
What's the acorn crop looking like in your area? I hunt near Tulsa but haven't been able to scout much yet. I haven't had any acorns in my area for the past 4 years. I'm anxious to see what this year holds. We had good rains here most of the summer and no late freeze.

29-Sep-14
Hello stinkbait, im west of Mannford our place was in the fire a couple years ago. The oaks that survived the fire are loaded this year.

29-Sep-14
Oaks look good where I've been. Certainly better than the last few years. Hickory here at the house are covering the ground.

29-Sep-14
Oak tree in backyard is loaded up. I am in Broken Arrow. We hunt in Woods county not a lot of oaks but the ones we have are full of acorns.

30-Sep-14
I have hickories in my front yard and in the woods behind my house. They are loaded every year it seems. This year is no exception. I have to shovel them off my driveway and my deck with a snow shovel. The area I hunt had a big fire about 4 yrs. ago that came through the opening weekend of muzzleloader season. Ever since then, no acorns at all! All the trees survived and appear healthy. I can't figure out why there have been no acorns since the fire. Maybe it really stressed out the trees. After the fire, the undergrowth has come back with a vengeance.

• Sitka Gear