Dampland 01-Oct-14
walteman 02-Oct-14
TownMaN 02-Oct-14
South Farm 02-Oct-14
YZF-88 03-Oct-14
29-Sep-14

JK's embedded Photo
JK's embedded Photo
My 11 y/o son was finally able to connect on a bear yesterday. Kid is a real trooper - we've been sitting 4-8 hours a day (Sat/Sunday) since season started. With season wrapping up soon I was starting to think that he might finish the season with an empty tag and begin the 6-8 year process for his next tag.

Not the biggest bear in the woods - 150 lbs ... but you can't wipe the grin off of his face!

Looking for a good/great taxidermist in the western WI area. We live in LaCrosse area, but willing to drive to find a good taxidermist.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

29-Sep-14
That bear looks bigger than 150lbs to me. Nice bear and it sounds like he earned it with plenty of time in the stand. Congrats!

29-Sep-14
Can't help with the taxidermist in your area but I agree the bear looks bigger than 150#. Big time congrats to your son for putting in his time. He was well rewarded.

Are you getting a rug or a 1/2 mount?

29-Sep-14
PM sent.

29-Sep-14
AH Taxidermy in Spooner. Call and talk to Gary, he does a great job!

30-Sep-14
Matt Cahill, A-1 Taxidermy in Hudson. He's done my last 2 elk and deer. Great work and he's fast. Elk back in about 3 months, deer back in about 4. I have his number if you need it.

30-Sep-14
Superior Taxidermy in Weston/Schofield. 23 yrs experience, does his own tanning and prices are listed on his website. He has aarge showroom to boot.

30-Sep-14
Thanks guys! Really appreciate the recommendations. He wants a 3/4 mount, so that's what we are looking for.

The bear has a white "V" on his chest, so the mount will look nice. He's been strutting around like a little rooster for the past couple days! :-)

30-Sep-14
600 club taxidermy Cornell WI, pm for a number. Done my elk, deer and bear. Does bear & deer, taxidermy work for two Ontario outfitters. Thing about bears is taxidermy forms are standard and bear and not standard at all. Seen him take forms apart and modify to fit the bear. Build them up, shave them down, lengthen them out. Cool work

01-Oct-14
I have heard good things, and seen some nice mounts done by the guys at A-1 Taxidermy in Hudson, WI. They are tied in with A-1 Archery, and have a website.

Congrats to your son!

02-Oct-14
Give Dan a call at 715-305-2812, he is from teh pittsville area. he has 3 from our group to mount right now. He also has beetles to clean the skull up for a nice looking head.

02-Oct-14
sent you a pm

02-Oct-14
No recommendations on taxidermists but your son deserves a medal for his patience...not too many kids his age could persevere that long to get such a nice bear. Kudos to him for his success!

03-Oct-14
Den's Taxidermy in New London. Won't take my deer ANYWHERE else. He also did a full body mount for my buddies bear. It is awesome. I've seen several other bear mounts of his as well. First class all the way.

• Sitka Gear