PassThrough 08-Oct-14
babysaph 08-Oct-14
mudflap 09-Oct-14
Old Crow 10-Oct-14
07-Oct-14

gcoleman's Link
thought this article would be interesting for newbies to butchering

07-Oct-14
Good article I end up cutting most of my meat now may not be the best or fastest at it but it saves a lot of money and I know I'm not getting someone else's deer or getting ripped off last time I took a deer somewhere it seemed like I got Very lil meat back and was not worth the money

08-Oct-14
I have never let anyone cut up my deer,, had a buddy kill a nice mature buck ,,,when he picked up the meat and looked at backstraps he got back they gave him the backstraps from a yearling,, another processor i went to the place smelled so bad I would never eat meat from it,, must have been 20 deer in floor and 50 degrees in room and only 2 guys cutting deer no way those deer would have been safe to eat,, not sure processors are inspected by any state inspectors?? its too easy to do your self all you need is a tree some rope knife and a cooler 45 min you are boned out and can cut up as you want

08-Oct-14
Cutting your own deer meat is an integral part of the whole season's fun. Though I'm getting to the point where I appreciate a little dragging help.

08-Oct-14
I hear ya pass thru. those spikes are hard to drag. I keep slipping off the horns. I need something with some more horn to get a good hold on. LOl

09-Oct-14
I agree gcoleman, I think people become intimidated by the whole thing. It really is simple once you learn the basics of breaking them down and packaging. I believe planning is your best tool. You dont want to get started and then realize your out of freezer bags or cant find your single tree, stuff like that. I made a deer pole behind my house out of 4x4's and used the harbor freight boat trailer winches to hoist them up. They lock in place and you can raise and lower as you need. I would like to make my building out back into a processing shed.

James

10-Oct-14
Babysaph, I'm going to have to send you an "Old Crow Special " for dragging out spikes or Doe. LOL

• Sitka Gear