bigbuckbob 09-Oct-14
notme 09-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 09-Oct-14
hyperlite 15-Oct-14
Stlhtr 15-Oct-14
hyperlite 21-Oct-14
grizzlyadam 21-Oct-14
09-Oct-14
New to area......South Road area of Roraback WMA....any advice would be helpful.....bowhunter from eastern CT

09-Oct-14
I used to hunt it about 15 years ago, never had much luck there, that's why I left the area.

The only advice I can give you is that my club stocks pheasant on the Bristol watershed property off Rt72. All of the hunters come into the woods from Rt72 and head west, so the you might try the section east of Plymouth Rd, by the DEP office. Get to the top of the big ridge and wait for the deer to be pushed your way.

There's also a recent clear cut just south of parking lot at the end of Laurel Rd, so the deer may be hitting that at night for young, tender browse.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!!

09-Oct-14
I have hunt roaback for years great spot I would get off The beaten path if your going thier on Saturday weekday it's safe to go anywhere anywhere along the cornfield is good I wouldn't put a camera up there either the weekends there's too many inconsiderate other bow hunters show up late and ruin it for everybody

09-Oct-14
A lot of small game hunters too.

09-Oct-14
There were some guys on youtube that were posting hunts on Roraback, but they seemed more concerned about screwing around then hunting to me.

09-Oct-14
i know guys that would find " presents " under their stand or in their blinds...inconsiderate f*@ks

09-Oct-14
Ahhhh, isn't that thoughtful!! I would return the favor and leave a present in the back of their truck, just to be nice :)

15-Oct-14
Set up for an afternoon to evening hunt in a white oak area. With 15 minutes left of daylight, heard a deer rise from a bedding area and start walking around. Never saw the deer, but assumed it was a lone buck. Will try again this weekend

15-Oct-14
"i know guys that would find " presents " under their stand or in their blinds...inconsiderate f*@ks"

notme, its funny you say that... I had a stand there and some guy took a dump in front of it a few years back.

Hyperlite, Its a tough property. It gets a lot of pressure as said above so the deer are jumpy and educated. Its good habitat especially since they did two clear cuts. Best of luck. Their in there.

21-Oct-14
I use a climber which makes access to thick areas easier......Inconsiderate hunters, from my experience, do not hunt in these areas.....will keep trying

21-Oct-14
Hunted there very hard for over a decade, shot plenty of deer and a some decent bucks. Good amount of deer there in certain areas, but nothing like other parts of the states. Deer are crafty there, they always look up. Lots of jackwagons hunt there, but they rarely stray too far off the beaten path. Friggin bear are thick there and think they own the place. Had some not so fun encounters.

• Sitka Gear