CTCrow 10-Oct-14
dockeating 10-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 10-Oct-14
3rd Degree 10-Oct-14
CTCrow 10-Oct-14
GED 10-Oct-14
Turtle504 11-Oct-14
09-Oct-14
I just counted over 20 tree stands on sale on Craigslist, so if you're missing one you might want to take a look.

09-Oct-14
inspector perot ?..lol,...good decetive work bbb

09-Oct-14
Last one I stole was a climber. It took me like 20 minutes to shake the guy off it. :-0

09-Oct-14
Haha... I bought a Summit Viper last year thinking I might use it after trying it in my backyard I climbed 10 feet and said climbers are not for me. Almost 300 dollar stand, anyone interested I'll sell it for 200. I can't say it's new cause I took it out of the box and climbed 10 feet up in a tree once :) but never used. I'm in ffld county.

09-Oct-14
I sold 8 of my stands on CL this season - not all stands on CL are stolen.

09-Oct-14
Robz7, i cant tell if youre serious or not. Do you hunt from the ground?

09-Oct-14
Actually I am serious, no I hunt from tree stands but 22 foot ladders mostly or hang ons I did not take to climbers. I bought it did a test run and I hunt all private land so no climber for me. Summit viper sd available

10-Oct-14
GED

you had 8 tree stands? Wow, you really like to have options my friend.

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying everything on ebay is stolen, just that if yours was stolen it's one place to look. I actually found my mt bike on ebay after it was stolen at Lake Sebago in ME, so some criminals aren't all that smart.

10-Oct-14
Years back they arrested a couple of guys in Stamford that were selling a pc that was stolen from a house. They wee responsible for a couple of break-ins

I have 11 tree stands. 2 under my deck.

10-Oct-14
The head guard got caught selling pcs from our wear house .

10-Oct-14
Ok makes sense.

I used a climber a lot on private. It actually makes sense sometimes. I have oftentimes hung a stand thinking it will be good months later when the season opens only to have it be a squirrel playground and the deer just end up using some other corridor. In that case, its hard to move that ladder or hangon/sticks very quickly.

I use a lone wolf sit and climb. If i had the hand climber i could get up 20 feet very quickly, with little to no noise. I usually just leave the stand at the edge of the property or even on the tree i will hunt if i know i need to slip in quick.

10-Oct-14
I have three climbers....2 I really dont use....the re-sale is not very high so I always just kept em ...ya never know when you need one

10-Oct-14
CtCrow

11 !!!

Anyone have more than 11 tree stands? You might be the stand winner.

Are you seeing any deer under your house that you have 2 stands set up there? :)

10-Oct-14
I buy the cheap $50 ladders from Sportsman's guide.

The way I figure it is:

Setting up: 2 hours (including driving to property and back)

Taking down: 2 hours (including driving to property and back)

$50/4= $12.50 and hour.

My time is worth way more than $12.50 an hour so I'm willing to take the risk of losing one here one there. I have stands that have been in the same property for 4-5 years now. When it's time for scouting, I just go, check that the squirrels haven't chew the straps and seat there for a few hours to watch deer activity. They are already set up in good locations. Occasionally, I have to relocate 20-60 yards in either direction.

10-Oct-14
so thats where the 8 tiny deer come from xmas time..lol

10-Oct-14
big buck Silverado has at least 50 stands out.

10-Oct-14
Steve,

Imagine if you and Dave had to go out and take down those stands every February and go put them back up every August.

I like the idea of climbers but my weight and knees don't.

10-Oct-14
Rob, im also in ffld cty. I PM"d you. I'd love to buy that Summit

Mine got stolen a few weeks ago. My fault for setting up early and yes I locked it. The lock was cut off.

10-Oct-14
I got one Summit, take it in and take it out, every time. If I get to "my spot" and someone else is there, like last year, I just keep walking to my back up spot.

How do you keep track of 50 stand locations?

10-Oct-14
CTCROW,

Even if you don't see wear on the straps, change them every few years. They can look great, and still snap on you. I had a latter strap that looked great snap on me a couple years ago. Thankfully I did not get hurt.

10-Oct-14
I know 3rd.

One thing I always do is loosen them up a little on my last hunt and the first time I use them next season. What puts all the stress on them is that as the tree grows it gets thicker and it pulls the strap and and metal tighter.

10-Oct-14
I had a summit razor stolen a few years ago and a few cheap hang ons. I appreciate how frustrating it can be.

I chose to upgrade/replace the millennium M25's I have been using. I hunt multi or states and leave gear in the woods (locked up)

That said, I sold 7 stands for $350 and may sell my LW sit and climb on CL as well. In fact, I have a guy coming to buy my muddy sticks tomorrow.

I shipped a $300 ol Man carbon to Illinios 2 weeks ago. He saw my ad on CL and sent me PayPal. Easy transaction.

CL is a good place to sell used stuff.

11-Oct-14
I just bought Brand new lone wolf hand climber on CL

• Sitka Gear