dockeating 21-Oct-14
SILVERADO 23-Oct-14
cityhunter 25-Oct-14
SILVERADO 26-Oct-14
cityhunter 26-Oct-14
cityhunter 26-Oct-14
SILVERADO 31-Oct-14
11-Oct-14
I'll be hunting the big peninsula for the first time tommorow afternoon. Has anyone ever hunted this area? Any hints on which area to focus. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

11-Oct-14
Some guys like to get far in as early as possible so that other hunters entering push deer toward them. But I also remember someone suggesting that deer try to cross the road when the hunters get inside and to hunt the escape routes. For an afternoon hunt you may be better off with the second option if you find a good trail. There were a couple of threads in years past, try a search.

13-Oct-14
TRY ALONG THE WATER NOT TO FAR IN. LOTS OF GUYS GO FARTHER BACK . THE DEER CIRCLE AROUND THE PRESSURE AND HEAD BACK ALONG THE WATER. I HAD PLENTY OF ACTION ALONG THE WATER OVER THE YEARS

14-Oct-14

cityhunter's embedded Photo
Ive seen some of the biggest deer in them parts i got this one on a cam last year

14-Oct-14
That's a nice deer!

Silver ado, how did you do?

15-Oct-14
Talk about muggin for the camera!What county is Kensico res in?

15-Oct-14
No sightings, I did find a good amount of sign. Hopefully be able to give it another shot this week. That's a beauty of a buck.

21-Oct-14
I took a nice 4ptr there last year. It was my first and last time there. I was pretty far back and midway between the reservoir and a pretty used trail. As soon as day break, they came running up the hill like a stampede. No doubt from the hunters entering the site.

A few does ran past me and the buck meandered under my tree looking behind him. he quartered and bam lung shot.

There are definitely lots of deer though. Not unusual in Westchester by any means!

23-Oct-14
Thanks guys gonna try to hit it again this week. I'm hoping midweek may be better than weekends.

25-Oct-14
If guys woulds only let the small young bucks walk for a year we would have way better hunting in NY westchester.. But if i dont shoot it somebody else will guys are in the woods !! If u love the meat shoot a doe !!!!

26-Oct-14
I'm with ya city, I've been at it long enough and have my share of goods bucks on the wall, no interesting shooting the little bucks. I just enjoy watching them. Does on the other hand thats what fills my freezer.

26-Oct-14

Dave what i find amusing is how so many Hunters in NY complain about the quality of bucks and low deer numbers. These same guys kill every little buck that walks by!! and do nothing about the coyote problem . This is a good mature buck i took last year if we let the dinks walk this is what we typ can be looking to shoot but if u shoot all the 1 1/2 year old then u will never have bucks past 3!! louis

26-Oct-14

plus when the season is open in NY I hunt these coyotes on purpose one less fawn eating machine !!

31-Oct-14
Nice buck city I whack all the coyotes I can as well.

• Sitka Gear