cjb5591 17-Oct-14
Bloodtrail 17-Oct-14
Buckiller 17-Oct-14
cjb5591 17-Oct-14
Turtle504 17-Oct-14
12-Oct-14

mathews reezen's embedded Photo
mathews reezen's embedded Photo
Shot a spike last night just before sunset, coyotes howling all over . Shot was a bit back so I waited for some buddies to help in tracking figured it was gonna be mine or the coyotes, five of us pushed till 10:30 pm good blood whole way until a laurel patch , when we lost it so we pinned the spot and came back this morn to find this, I got a personal vendetta with some dogs!!! bummer it ended like this.

12-Oct-14
That totally sucks MR shoot every one of those pieces of garbage that's my thought sorry for the loss buddy

12-Oct-14
that sucks bud, what town ?..i hear them most nights shelton..huge problem here

12-Oct-14
@ notme harwinton I had him walking out at twenty yrds to my right and a coyote let off a deep howl almost wolf like very deep deep howl , at that point another deer that was directly behind me took off , then this one bounded to just behind me thats when I took the shot wasnt five min after the shot and the woods just erupted with them from all directions . I also had encounter with a large bobcat earlier that led to a persons dog barking and whining in the direction the cat went ( waiting for my buddy to send me the recording and ill post it) pretty scary shit man lots of predators on this land!!

12-Oct-14
i have a couple big properties in new hartford that are crawling with those demons..scary coming out of the woods sometimes

12-Oct-14

Turtle504's embedded Photo
Turtle504's embedded Photo
I know all about this.....

12-Oct-14
MOV_8060.MOV.mov

12-Oct-14
matthews reezen and notme,

Remember you are the dominant species. Raise your voice in the loudest yell you can muster, and they will all hush. God has put a fear of man in all animals, play it to your advantage.

12-Oct-14
Sorry to hear this , not enough people hunting c oyotes to keep the numbers down . I have left two deer over night but was lucky that they were not messed with . So far this season I have seen two c oyotes while hunting no shots .

12-Oct-14
I'm just wondering if you punched your tag in these instances.

I know I would.

12-Oct-14
Even worse with that buck! What a shame. Hunting them bastards is tough, smart as hell!!!

13-Oct-14
Reezen

were you on Roraback when you say/heard all the dogs?

13-Oct-14
Bloodtrail,

I picked up a roadkill this summer. By your logic, I should have one less doe tag? Really?

13-Oct-14
I do believe you have to tag road kill

13-Oct-14
If I was able to salvage any meat at all or had my deer had antlers that I took I'd have used a tag without question but not having taken anything I beleive it isn't called for to use a tag.

13-Oct-14
If that happens to me, I would tag it. I believe it's the correct thing to do. It's a recovered kill as a direct result of shooting the deer

Wild Bill - roadkills are not your direct kill and you shouldn't use a bowtag on them.

13-Oct-14
@ bbb no , on private land , but I have had my run in with them there also many , many dogs up there. @ bloodtrail Like I said before personally dont think its called for not having any of that deer in my possession ,but however I do beleive that a road kill still has to have a written permit from either a cop or DEEP officer allowing you to possess that meat

13-Oct-14
My mothers neighbor gets deer bear and even a moose once from the state police..they call him anytime there's one hit and he goes and gets it... It's just a little form you fill out for the game warden... Even the moose

13-Oct-14
You kill it. You tag it.

14-Oct-14
@ turtle I wasnt certain but that is the form I was referring to , thnx .

14-Oct-14
I probably burned about 50$ wasting some arrows and broadheads, but I shot two yotes sat morning. one came right up to my tree, looked up at me and hissed! That just pissed me off so I put one in her neck. Not a half hour later another one was circling the carcass and I waited until it was within 20yds and let one fly into its rib cage. With a yelp and half a howl, it ran about 10 feet. nasty buggers. If I had an endless supply of arrows and broadheads, I'd spend an entire week doing that. Great way to practice shooting too.

14-Oct-14
Keep it up dock!!!

14-Oct-14
They are crazy aware. I've tried to draw on a few and been unable - they seem to pick you off easier than deer do!

16-Oct-14

Mathews reezen: "I do beleive that a road kill still has to have a written permit from either a cop or DEEP officer allowing you to possess that meat."

I was at a state seminar for instructors last night that had an Encon Officer there to give us a presentation on legal matters. He told me that if you have a deer with no tag then you have an untagged deer. Just call the appropriate LE agency and get a form they all(are supposed to)carry. So no, you don't want to use one of your tags for roadkill.

16-Oct-14
Dock

I bring some old arrows with old broadhead just for the occasion. I don't mind using a rusty, dull out of date broad head on the coyotes.

16-Oct-14
@cjb you may have misunderstood what I was saying, exactly what you said is what I was referring to , in order to possess the meat a written form provided by any of the persons you mentioned is needed , I however wasnt able to salvage anything from that deer do to the coyotes so there for not required to use a tag on it,but thanx for clarifying the roadkill process it's good to pass along accurate info.

16-Oct-14
Amazing that you killed a deer, recovered it and you are going to go back out there with two buck tags in your pocket....or antlerless tags (deer in pic looked like it didn't have antlers). Keep on stacking em up.

17-Oct-14
reezen

what bloodtrail is saying is this - You killed a deer and verfied it was dead. That's now your deer, the fact that the dogs got it doesn't matter. The ethical decision is to punch a tag, not keep shooting deer.

I have to agree with this approach. Is it any different than getting the deer home, only to have your power go out and all the meat in the freezer spoil and you have to throw it out? You killed it and never got to eat it! Same thing.

17-Oct-14
Mathews reezen, I did understand what you were saying, I was just hoping to help clarify the question of tagging roadkill and/or a recovered animal you happen to acquire. As far as the tagging question in your case I agree with bloodtrail: you killed it, you put a tag on it, it's your deer. Too bad about the recovery for sure.

17-Oct-14
Thank you for your support guys. Looking forward to meeting some more of you in the woods.

The best part of the season is only a couple weeks away.

17-Oct-14
Think of how much tastier that deer would have been with a half a gallon of antifreeze on it. Those yotes would have taken a nice long nap afterwards.

17-Oct-14
This needs to be said so I'll say it: please do not put out there anything that would encourage anyone to put poison out in public where it could harm an unintended target. Imagine your son or daughter finding their pet dog or cat dead in the backyard because they ate something you poisoned.

Shoot them, as many as you can!!!

17-Oct-14
Very true CJ... Just Last night a friends dog took off and didn't come back ,doesn't go far usually...so we go out to look for him...hear him going nuts pretty far out... Well.....he found a pile of dead pigs parts surrounded by foot hold traps! He's sore this morning I bet... Had we not found him he'd be coyote food I'd imagine..

• Sitka Gear