soapdish 13-Oct-14
Brianbowhunter 13-Oct-14
soapdish 14-Oct-14
Brianbowhunter 14-Oct-14
CTCrow 14-Oct-14
rbcss 14-Oct-14
fingers 14-Oct-14
13-Oct-14
When I bring my kid hunting I normally set up two stands within 10-15 feet apart. He In one and me overseeing from the other.Well we went this afternoon in coventry only to find out that our stands were stolen. What a let down. My son decided at this point to go to our other spot down the road where we had a big doe come out two weeks ago and sit in our ground blind there. Hopefully she'll come out again and be a little closer this time. I think it's time to check craigslist.

13-Oct-14
check pawn shops too..sad times for humanity.!

13-Oct-14
Sorry to hear. Damn low life's

13-Oct-14
That sucks! Still can't wait for one of the @$$ pirates to get caught! Good luck to you and your son this season.

13-Oct-14
I had the same thing happen to me went to take my son and the stand was gone and it was put up the day before I know it was the guy next door but couldn't prove it it SUCKS Steve

13-Oct-14
Were back. Saw a hawk pick off a snake. Had the big doe and her two come out tonite and grace us with her presence. No shot. Stayed too far out. Saw an owl land above us in a tree on the way out. More time spent with my kid. Priceless. I should check a local scrapyard for my climber that was stolen. It was 20 y\o and probably spent 10 seasons in the woods. DB pprobably did me a favor on that one.

13-Oct-14
Was it an illegal stand? I know people (also state dep) take them down when they have screws pegs in the trees, if you do that it's illegal and it ruins the log

14-Oct-14
Legal stands on private property. It's a great spot that borders a cornfield that has limited access to hunting due to property boundries and roads. I'm thinking sour grapes/jealously . I've seen people get busted over the years for hunting in there. That's why the landowner was hesitant to give permission at first. Had guys that he did not give permission to walk by his bedroom windows with a rifle, bullet holes in the side of his house etc. He saw that I wanted to teach my kids about hunting and gave us a shot. That was two years ago. Life lesson learned and time to buy some locks.

14-Oct-14

Brianbowhunter's embedded Photo
Brianbowhunter's embedded Photo
yes I hunt private land and I always lock up everything even on my own property. I am amazed how often I capture image of people walking through places they are not suppose to be. Look at this guy trespassing and putting scent all over my clover plot.

14-Oct-14

CTCrow's Link
My next purchase.

I will engrave: STOLEN FROM 203-360-####

14-Oct-14
had my 1st one stolen this pass year. it was a cheap stand so in didn't break the bank. but the lock I put on was a very good lock a little pricy and only buy them when I get a good buy. it was an on guard rottweiller lock and there wasn't a trace of the lock neither. it had to take a good effort to break the lock. after using this set up for the pass 5 years that was the first.

14-Oct-14
And that's why I use a climber .

• Sitka Gear