Turtle504 14-Oct-14
BigWoods71 14-Oct-14
Turtle504 14-Oct-14
Chuck>>>--------> 14-Oct-14
jdrdeerslayer 14-Oct-14
Turtle504 17-Oct-14
Chuck>>>--------> 17-Oct-14
13-Oct-14
Hey guys I'm fortunate enough to have 2 in the freezer. I love to hunt and want to focus on hunting coyotes for the remainder of the year anyone have any tips or good locations for hunting them

13-Oct-14
I have a lot of them in my woods I am glad you asked because I was curious as well .

14-Oct-14
Put a bait pile in between one of those driveway sensors way out in the back yard.....when the bell dings...open the window and shoot.

14-Oct-14
yotes are tough. they are far smarter than deer and will always loop downwind.

get a foxpro, be super careful with scent and get up in the stand with a shotgun with some mag yote loads.

easier said than done.

Ive actually had the most encounters with yotes during spring turkey. I bowhunt this one farm and one morning i had 5 yotes try and sneak up on me, the "hen". Too bad the season was closed :)

14-Oct-14
Too bad we can,t hunt them at night .They come out right after sun down where I hunt.About every few days they sing us to sleep behind my house.

14-Oct-14
Learn to trap. Then you can continue deer hunting while the traps work 24/7. And you still get to put a bullet in their melon.

14-Oct-14
Turtle504, not sure if thats legal but i agree with you all the way! Ive tried for years to hunt them and rarely do i succeed. They are much smarter than people anticipate. Ive had better luck being quite while deer hunting rather than trying to call them in.

Chuck, what part of state are you hunting?

14-Oct-14
Big woods, I'm sure it's not...i knew some ones iwith that set up though.. It turned the lamp on next to his bed..rang a bell, and I think even put a red lens spot light on the pile when it was set off! Haha we used to shoot them (or try to)quite a bit...I..in mass you can shoot them till midnight with certain stipulations...you have to set up somewhere they CANT get behind you..and a real good break up behind you...have a whole bunch of sites planned.. Get in set up..call for 15 mins or so... If nothing comes out....on to the next....

14-Oct-14
Turtle, that would be one heck of a setup. ive hunted them in Mass as well. A full moon with snow cover is an absolute to be in the woods. Only happens a few days a year so those nights are special. Like you said, they are good at sneaking up behind you.

14-Oct-14
"No artificial light" is sucha load of crap....

14-Oct-14
I hunt coventry n Windham and natchaug state forest in norh eastern CT

14-Oct-14
Turtle is right tough in ct.not being able to hunt at night. I mass I have a camp with no neighbors I set up driveway alarms and use a gen3 night vision set up....deadly combination but it's still tough they are smart. I generally kill 3-8 votes a year....they are hard on the deer in the deep snow and on the fawns in the spring.

17-Oct-14
Last night a friends dog took off and didn't come back ,doesn't go far usually...so we go out to look for him...hear him going nuts pretty far out... Well.....he found a pile of dead pigs parts surrounded by foot hold traps! Didn't break any bones but he's gunna be a sore dude today.....

17-Oct-14
I have seen 2 coyotes in the wild while hunting during shooting light both 100 yards away and I was bow hunting id love to get close to one

• Sitka Gear