BigWoods71 14-Oct-14
treesitter 14-Oct-14
Turtle504 14-Oct-14
notme 14-Oct-14
rbcss 14-Oct-14
treeman16 14-Oct-14
vvreddy 14-Oct-14
14-Oct-14
Just curious if people are finding ticks on them or the deer they harvest. So far I have been tick free this year and It has been a nice change. It has been very dry in northeast ct where I am so I think that has helped.

14-Oct-14
Went into the woods Saturday for about 3 hours and came out with one tick walking up my leg, no bites.

14-Oct-14
Have pulled 3 out of me already...one was I my damn nelly button!..only one was a deer tick

14-Oct-14

14-Oct-14
I use premethrin on my outerwear. I have not found any ticks on them or me. One time I went into woods to check a camera. Came out with one crawling up my neck.

14-Oct-14
0 ticks and I go through some thick crap and usually have a few on me every time out . I'm loving this season so far I was thinking the same thing so hot and dry that they could not survive .

14-Oct-14
"I use permethrin on my outerwear. I have not found any ticks on them or me." x2

Buddy shot a deer a week ago and we didn't see any ticks on it. I think the heavy snows last season, and the drought late this summer, and helped reduce the tick population. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

14-Oct-14
Even in bad years I almost never had a tic on me. I could not use Permathon it made me dizzy every time I had it on and I use a skin tight bug layer instead and the only place they can get to me is my neck and face area. Honestly I think it is because I use expensive Frontline on my two dogs and it is way better then the oily cheap kind that gets all over their coat and matts it down. It sinks into their skin and I think because we have such close contact with the dogs we get some on us and it helps. I have killed deer in CT that were covered in tics and never had any on me.When I was hunting the other thing I do when I get home is undress at the door and immeadiatly wash my clothes then check in the mirror and everywhere I can then shower and scub and I use a coal tar medicated shampoo it has a strong chemical smell and then I have the wife look me over.

14-Oct-14
I cut up two bucks and both had ticks.My dog gets them all the time,I only had one in me so far so I would say its less then normal this year where I hunt.

14-Oct-14
Permethrin should be applied to your clothes while not worn. Allow to dry before wearing!

14-Oct-14
They weren't bad through early fall due to the dry weather. Ticks like it wet and cool. Took the dog for a hike this weekend in a hardwoods patch in colebrook. Spent hours pulling the ticks off, over 60 of them. I can't imagine what its going to be like once bird season starts and we start trampling through the real nasty brush.

14-Oct-14
I pulled one out last night. It was embedded in my belly just above my belt. I think I got the head out.

Lyme disease. Its not if ill get it. Its when.

14-Oct-14
Tree sitter, man you don't want it!

14-Oct-14
6 times and counting,it sucks!

14-Oct-14
ever since I spray on permethrin haven't had any ticks

14-Oct-14
I honestly think it's in your head if your getting dizzy. Permethrin sprays,like repel are very safe. Very safe for people. Any side effect, although I doubt it is much better then Lyme. If you get bit by a deer tick, and it stays in you for 24 hours it's 50/50 shot you got Lyme. Not worth it. Be smart!!!

14-Oct-14
When using Deet always make sure to get the ones that are 90% or more concentration. The ones in the grocery store are typically 10-20%. Only good for kids and backyard barbecues.

• Sitka Gear