mjenkins 16-Oct-14
geneinidaho 17-Oct-14
mjenkins 17-Oct-14
Redbear 18-Oct-14
Jake 19-Oct-14
DDD in Idaho 19-Oct-14
16-Oct-14
Howdy All,

I have just started to slowly get into bow hunting. I have been hunting with rifles for most of my life and have an affinity for them especially being a former Marine Rifleman. I am now a bit less mobile than I once was with my weight and knee being an issue. I am afraid that this may impede bow hunting. Can anyone tell me of a way to archery hunt with this is in mind? I use a PSE Beast with 75lb max with carbon arrows. I am decent up to 40 yards, at 50 yards I'm a little shaky.

Thanks

16-Oct-14
Welcome to archery! Archery is fun sport and is what you want to make it. If your limited in your mobility you can hunt from blinds or treestands. Don't let your limitations limit what you do. Get next to a local archery club and individuals there will help with your bow/archery questions.

N5J

James

16-Oct-14
Do like 99% that are new to archery. Buy a new compound bow and set up your sights for 100 yards. Good to go.

17-Oct-14
Quite the in depth response mjenkins. The sport needs people like you......some place else :/

17-Oct-14
Sorry to offend you and your hunting style Gene. I also like your in depth response that you offered the OP. Oh wait...I don't see a response.

18-Oct-14
Thanks for the advice but 100 yards seems a little bit too far. I have a friend who is pretty good with a bow and doesn't recommend farther than 60 maximum.

19-Oct-14
First of all thank you for your service.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the advice your asking for, but I would suggest staying away from guys like the ones in the "whats wrong with people" thread.

19-Oct-14
Hopefully the mods on the forum will delete the extra crap.

redbear,

just FWIW, do a lot of scouting, get someplace a half mile or so uphill from where you can get a vehicle or an ATV and put up a tree stand. Waiting quietly usually works better than stomping around anyway.

Oh yea, turn that 75 lb. bow down about 15 lb. 8^)

DDD

• Sitka Gear