NWO 17-Oct-14
basbh1 17-Oct-14
bowhuntndoug 18-Oct-14
CCHunter 18-Oct-14
live2hunt 19-Oct-14
17-Oct-14

kummer's embedded Photo
kummer's embedded Photo
I get to take a few days off for hunting this year. I have chosen Oct 30- Nov 4th. What does everyone think is that about the prime time or should I have waited another week?

17-Oct-14
kummer, I'm doing the same, can't wait

17-Oct-14
Looks good. However, that last week in October could be even better.

17-Oct-14
I took the last week of October off. Historically, this has been a good week for me, unless there's a full moon, in which case I'll take off some days the week before off and some the first week of November. I like to rattle and the last 10-12 days of October are a great for this. Depending on where you hunt, does tend to be more recluse, there can be more hunters out and corn fields may get picked, which can lead to unpredictable situations, either good or bad. If you can sit all day for multiple days, then the first couple weeks of November can be really good.

17-Oct-14
I always hunt 3 days either side of 11/7.

17-Oct-14
I have vacation the last few days of October and the first week of November. This is usually a great time for me as the bucks are seeking heavily but usually not locked up with a doe yet. Long range forecast looks like the end of Oct is going to be a little warmer than I'd like. But as we all know that can change. I also am a big believer in all day sits during these times.

17-Oct-14
Hopefully November 3rd - 9th is the ticket this year. Always see to have the most daytime movement November 5th-7th by us. That has been the trend the last 3 years anyways.

17-Oct-14
21 straight, starting the 25th of October. Last week of October and first week of November is when it seems like bucks are active, but not necessarily locked down.....here in southern Wisconsin.

I know the topic comes up every year, but it has been overthought in my opinion. The fact that fawning probably has more to do with the rut than any weather or moon does, makes it simple. Hunt as hard and as often as you can, leaving as little impact as possible, is the single most important factor in seeing deer, hopefully a buck, better yet a nice one, and if you're lucky, you get a shot, and if everything aligns, you score! The breeding is predetermined by subtracting the days backwards when fawns will be born (roughly 7 months). Gestation period is pretty close. Fawning depends on what part of the state you hunt? Fawns need to be born in a climate that allows them the warmth to survive. This isn't a "date" as we all know, so that leads us to the only thing we can control, providing you have it, and that is TIME.

Good luck everyone!

17-Oct-14

17-Oct-14
However it turns out. great hunting and shoot straight.

17-Oct-14
Always has been great Nov 9-10-11th

17-Oct-14
Taking off Oct 24th thru Nov 24th cant miss the rut that way. I hope to see some deer .

18-Oct-14
No a good subject this year. I had off Nov 1st through the 9th. About two weeks ago I had to beg to get the 13-14 off during the week. So it's weekends and two week days and that is it.

18-Oct-14
I decided to take 11/6 - 11/11 off, but I am south in NW IL. These days have historically been great for me, with my bow kills always coming actually a couple days before that, but these were the days available to take off, so I took them.

19-Oct-14
I have always had my best hunting the week of Halloween. Plus, I take that week off to trap also. But as far as rattling and more consistent action, that's always been the best. Now, North of Hwy 8, I would say the first week of November.

• Sitka Gear