BerksArcher 25-Oct-14
18-Oct-14
Warming up!

18-Oct-14
Got dang windy today:(

18-Oct-14

Going Trad (Parker)'s MOBILE embedded Photo
Going Trad (Parker)'s MOBILE embedded Photo

Sure is getting to be beautiful in the woods! Had a 4 point at 15 yards, he was probably 14" wide. He was tearing up a tree when I saw him, one grunt and he came right in... after he came in close and I knew I wasn't gonna shoot I started shaking like a leaf! Best feeling in the world!

18-Oct-14
Been having fun enjoying the woods and the wild life. No deer yet,but saw 2 nice bucks.

18-Oct-14
Have not been able to hunt much since I shot a doe in Ohio last week, saw a couple little bucks and a doe n fawn Thursday evening, my Lone Wolf tree stand broke that night while climbing down the tree, snapped the Aluminum in three places, gave me quite a scare, called Lone Wolf told them what happened, they shipped me out a new climbing seat for free no questions asked. Thought that was good of them bought the stand in 2007. Won't be hunting my public land spots in PA till I get the climber in the mail. Will hunt Ohio Sunday.

Mike

18-Oct-14
Mike, that's scarry. The LW was always my go to climber as well and I think it's probably 5 years or so older than yours. Strange it broke like that being it's casted and without any welds. Did you take a picture? Anyway, if you need one in the meantime, mine is hanging silently in the garage........I'm about 15 min's from the 79/422 crossroad.

19-Oct-14
BIG Buck hit on 78 this week. Sad

19-Oct-14
Wow! Scary stuff Mike! Glad your ok. I better check my lone wolf climber out, it's about 8 or 9 years old now.

I haven't hunted since I shot my buck on the 9th but a buddy of mine saw a 2 1/2 year old 9 pt and a 8 pt chasing a young doe around on Thursday. Another 4 or 5 days and things should start picking up! Seems like every year around the 24th things start heating up!!

Good luck everyone!

19-Oct-14
mike, where and how did you stand break? Glad you were wearing a harness and you are o.k.

20-Oct-14
Don't like hunting the 3rd week because of the special seasons.

20-Oct-14
slow Sat morn. in 5d one spike chasing a yearling doe.. tough week ahead rain and lots of guns out there be safe..

20-Oct-14
A coworker, the headhunter you've heard me reference on occasion, was leaning trying to get a shot at a buck over the weekend with his crossbow and fell out of his stand. He had a harnass on, is a little banged up, but ok. Deer 1.... Headhunter 0

20-Oct-14
WOW guys! Glad to hear everybody was wearing harnesses and came out OK!

Mike- that's a great example of being hooked up(w/safety harness) on the way up and down the tree probably saved you.

I have to admit, there were times in the past where I did not hook into the tree until I was up at height.(just plain lazy/stupid ;-) As I got older, I quit that bad habit!

20-Oct-14
When we drove home from Roy's on Sunday morning there were 9, yes NINE dead bucks laying along the interstate. Only four were there the day prior. All were young deer, btw. They won't make that mistake again.....LOL

20-Oct-14
Lotta deer moving tonight.Stand set in tight to a bedding area. Must have seen 8 or 10 different deer, and watched a small 6 or 7 pt., bumping does,all around, from about 6:00, till it was to dark to see. I could still hear him,as i was walking out of the woods.

20-Oct-14
Saw my best buck tonight harassing a group of doe. They didn't want anything to do with him.

20-Oct-14
Thank you Roger that is a very kind gesture, checked FedEx tracking and my new climbing seat will be here Tuesday so I'm good. Thank you for the offer anyway.

I'll try to post a picture of the stand when I get home from work on my home PC, they just switched me over to the IPhone 6 at work from a IPhone 4, for some reason I cannot get my pictures to load on the Bowsite with the IPhone 6

Mike

20-Oct-14
Getting ready to get down at 9AM and heard diesel engines coming???? Two cats pulled within 30 yards and backed up to a marker. They got out and started drilling a hole. I got down and almost gave them both heart attacks when I snuck up behind them and yelled.

Next process in seismic testing. They planted dynamite around the property in various places. Soon the helicopter will be flying around to complete the testing. Hope they don't pick another hunting day to screw up our hunting here.

I did see deer back in the same spot in the PM hunt.

20-Oct-14
Getting ready to get down at 9AM and heard diesel engines coming???? Two cats pulled within 30 yards and backed up to a marker. They got out and started drilling a hole. I got down and almost gave them both heart attacks when I snuck up behind them and yelled.

Next process in seismic testing. They planted dynamite around the property in various places. Soon the helicopter will be flying around to complete the testing. Hope they don't pick another hunting day to screw up our hunting here.

I did see deer back in the same spot in the PM hunt.

20-Oct-14

21-Oct-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Broke in three spots, lone wolf thinks it broke because of the diameter of the tree I climbed. It was a smaller diameter than I usually climb but it was big enough that I felt comfortable climbing 20 plus feet.

Mike

21-Oct-14
Hey Mike... Your are one lucky man!!! Glad everything turned out ok. WOW!!!

21-Oct-14
Yikes.....Looking at that makes the old ticker speed up.

21-Oct-14
Glad to hear your ok mike and that you'll get your stand replaced. Good luck and stay safe.

21-Oct-14
Holy crap. That aint good. Fall restraint is your friend :^)

21-Oct-14
Wow, for the price of those stands up think u could park a truck on em.

Glad your ok

22-Oct-14
For the last few years I'd thought about getting a new climber and Lone Wolf was gonna be it... not any more.

22-Oct-14
That's the first LW I've ever seen break anywhere, guys. Usually the hollow tube welded climbers fail at the welds - seen happen a bunch of times when I sold them.

22-Oct-14
Yeah, I wouldn't stop using my LW because of this one incident. I would still trust the LW over other brands.

Who knows what happened there, maybe Mike has been eating to much deer meat:)

22-Oct-14

For the last few years I'd thought about getting a new climber and Lone Wolf was gonna be it... not any more.

I don;t know what I am more surpised about...................that a LW Climber failed like that, or that Jeff was actually thinking about buying a climbing treestand! ;-)

22-Oct-14

roger's embedded Photo
roger's embedded Photo
Yeah, I heard he's getting a little chubby these days, Ben. ;)

This is my LW hanging by it's lonesome in the garage just dying for action it probably won't see.

22-Oct-14
Lone wolfs have a long history of failing,this aint the first one I've seen in pieces! Their are a lot better products on the markets these days. Most cost less, are lighter, and stronger. I am a diehard Summit guy who still rocks a few API's (both tried and true), but have a strong interest in a treewalker. I like my climbers under 20lbs, and for money you get a lot of stand under twenty lbs in the treewalker. Check out the timbertall treestands. They are ultra light and perfect for a guy who don't know what it's like to use a 4 wheeler to get to his stand.

As For week three, I'm going fishing for the rest of the week. I'll get excited around the 3rd of Nov. I hope you guys are knocking the piss out the herd. It needs it. I'm tired of dodging deer on my way to work.

22-Oct-14
I have to give Lone Wolf a lot of credit for standing behind their product, they replaced without asking for a receipt or anything and the stand has been used since 2007, a lot.

Actually I am up about 10 pounds to 205 since I injured myself working out in the summer. Have not exercised since July! After hunting season I'll be back at it ; ) Mike

22-Oct-14
Lone Wolf stands are fantastic. You CAN'T make them squeak.

After reading all these treestand fall accident threads I finally wised up and sold my LW hang on w/sticks and my LW climber a couple months ago. They had been hanging in the garage for the last 4 years untouched.

Be careful out there, you don't want to be lying at the base of your tree wondering if your life just changed forever. Wear your harness!

23-Oct-14
Red you do realize there is weight limit right:)

23-Oct-14
I never did like you. :)

23-Oct-14
My buddies use them lonewolfs and love um. I just don't feel safe in any stand that is cast. Seems like it would be to rigid and prone to failure. I could be wrong, but look at that stand!

25-Oct-14
I had a similar problem with a Summit 7 yrs ago and Summit replaced It sight unseen

• Sitka Gear