bigbuckbob 19-Oct-14
SixLomaz 20-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 20-Oct-14
cjb5591 20-Oct-14
Garbanzo 20-Oct-14
19-Oct-14

Mike in CT's Link
A couple of key points regarding the attached link:

1. Rasmussen surveys "likely voters", not "registered voters" as some of the surveys do that in the past week or so had shown this race to be a dead heat.

2. While once displaying a bias towards Republicans over the past few years that trend has started to favor the other direction.

3. Any incumbent who polls below 50% consistently is in deep, deep trouble. To be polling at 43% among likely voters this late in the game is really telling.

While this is encouraging it will only mean that the changes CT desperately needs may actually happen if we can make major changes in the State House and Senate. Even if we can't take majorities in one or both we need to significantly shift the balance of power. A trend towards Repubicans would serve as a strong warning to the remaining Democrats that the days of wine and roses on our collective dime is at an end.

Keep the faith!

19-Oct-14
Malloy has to GO..i agree..but being this is a very BLUE state, Teachers Union and other greedy,evil, eat as much as we can ASAP Unions of this state..they all show up Last Minute and vote Democommunist...i hope Foley wins...

19-Oct-14
Malloy is not worried because the fix is in. He will fraud this election and every future election. Not a pessimist just a realist. I will still vote against him just to feel better

19-Oct-14
he's counting on the sandy hook factor..or maybe the 60,000jobs he created that are conjesting the highways..or maybe the great micro biolgy jobs at 1mil each or...

19-Oct-14
He gave Visconti compliments at the last debate to build him up and take votes from Foley. I like Visconti, but Malloy has to go, so Foley is the only choice.

20-Oct-14
Limited choice is a key ingredient to repeating past mistakes. Blue and Red blur into Violet which is blindingly not on the choice list along with all the other primary colors present in the peace rainbow. We should strive for a broader choice outside party membership. Both Dem's and Rep's are in minority anyway. They keep electing themselves as the majority falls silent and bows their heads in resignation while bouncing within the path limits set by establishment.

When did these two parties become so irrevocably needed for the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to exist? To my knowledge, from my direct observation and recorded history events, the two parties are only shredding the very foundation of this society as we stand still and accept the demise.

Dear human beings, it is not the Dem's or the Rep's which is going to bring us to the light. It is each one of us making a choice or not to validate their existence as we play by the rules. Find a way to nullify their need for justification and you will solve the problem.

For example: Since politicians seem to be attached to corporations, spending your money wisely is one way to cut dependency ties. You can do it the same way your ancestors did it before.

Bouncing from one side to the other will only keep you on the designated path with no meaningful changes. It is not only people that need to change but the system itself. As humanity, after millenia of trial and error we are close to finding a way to eliminate all the "-isms" that plague this earth. The Creator did not intend for us to live like this. We created the problem and we must solve it.

By the way, combining all rainbow colors will give us the neutral, harmonious and peaceful WHITE. That is why it is so important to have all colors on our list of choices, not only Red and Blue.

20-Oct-14
Six,

I would agree with your position except politics in now big business, it's no longer public service, so it doesn't matter what party they belong to, they all are corrupt.

Term limits for all offices is the only answer. These guys and gals are going in average people and coming out millionaire because of book deals, public speaking engagements, kickbacks from corporate lobbyists, etc.

This is not what the founding fathers had in mind when they set up this great nation.

20-Oct-14
Six and bbb, I agree with both of you. Term limits would keep these clowns from feathering their nests during their entire career. The two party system is broken. But for right now we need to get this state out of democratic hands to stop the downward spiral. The only way to get the reins out of their hands is to put the other majority party in and stop the madness. SO vote for republicans and urge everyone you know to do the same. Otherwise we are all screwed again.

This morning the Hartford Courant published a reader letter saying how "we need Malloy". For what????? How can anybody be so ignorant?

20-Oct-14
I can see it now.. About 7 pm on Nov 4th there is going to be a call to a Dem operative working a poll in Bridgeport who will be asked how many votes they have.. The answer will be 'How many do you need'. Then magically they will run out of ballots and run to a judge asking for the pool to stay open longer until they can write enough names off of tombstones to make up the difference.

• Sitka Gear