Stinkbait1 06-Nov-14
Stinkbait1 06-Nov-14
SoDakSooner 06-Nov-14
BIGOBUX 06-Nov-14
Stinkbait1 07-Nov-14
SoDakSooner 10-Nov-14
BIGOBUX 10-Nov-14
19-Oct-14
I was just wondering if anyone is starting to hear about any animals coming from the ammunition plant yet this year?

20-Oct-14

Bowme2's Link
One old buck so far...

21-Oct-14
I'm curious as to how they know the age. Unless the have a lab at the plant doing Cementum Annuli aging then they have no clue how old they are.

22-Oct-14
They typically age based on tooth wear. They cut out the jaw bones and compare to a chart on the wall at the check station.

Any one know if they are doing the quality pass this year?

26-Oct-14
Rob... This week was QP for hogs. Heard this from a couple guys who were hunting deer creek.

27-Oct-14
Quality pass for does and hogs last week. I hunted Hominey. The also has a bonus buck if the first one you shot was 115 or bigger.

27-Oct-14
Anything moving this weekend guys? Hard to imagine it was great with the heat and the wind. I still have 3 more weeks to go till we hit it, so hopefully it'll cool down.

We are hunting Hominy as well. Kind of have an idea on spots, but if anyone has any hot tips, I am not averse to taking your spot....lol.

27-Oct-14
We got hominy sixth weekend. Sure hope the weather cooperates. Shld be good

28-Oct-14
We hunted on 5 road south 1/2 mile west road B. There is a creek that is just west of the duck marsh and crosses road 5 south. I was hunting at the end of the first grass road west of Road B that runs north to a lake/pond in the duck marsh. Saw several scrapes and rubs in the area.

I had a P&Y buck 20 yards from me but had too many tree branches to get a clear shot. Saw several small bucks, does and a pig. I should have had the pig and one of the does but got busted during drawing the bow and missed both opportunities.

28-Oct-14
I had a friend that hunted Boggy last week. He said the heat and mosquitos made it miserable. His group saw a few does but no big bucks. They did have a fun time though. I'm there the week of the 15th. Can't wait!

28-Oct-14
We'll be there on the 14th thru 16th as well. Should be good. Hopefully the weather keeps getting cooler and we stay out of this warmer pattern.

04-Nov-14

OKStickSlinger's embedded Photo
Just got home from the MCAAP this past Sunday. Hunted the Boggy area, so if anyone needs some insight, shoot me a PM. I was able to harvest a 152" 11 point. Saw several bucks and does. Did not get a shot at the quality passes as they were always out of my range, but I can definitly tell someone the exact tree to be in to get a shot at one of them. The rut is on full steam. Had bucks running all around me Saturday, it was our only day the wind wasn't blowing. I didn't see all of them, but I could definitly hear them grunting as they work the timber all around me. I owe my succes to Bill Starry, he is a really good guy and he was able to find my buck for me yesterday (the day after I left).

04-Nov-14

Just got home from the MCAAP this past Sunday. Hunted the Boggy area, so if anyone needs some insight, shoot me a PM. I was able to harvest a 152" 11 point. Saw several bucks and does. Did not get a shot at the quality passes as they were always out of my range, but I can definitly tell someone the exact tree to be in to get a shot at one of them. The rut is on full steam. Had bucks running all around me Saturday, it was our only day the wind wasn't blowing. I didn't see all of them, but I could definitly hear them grunting as they work the timber all around me. I owe my succes to Bill Starry, he is a really good guy and he was able to find my buck for me yesterday (the day after I left).

04-Nov-14
I'll be in hominy this week. Can't wait! The weather should be perfect.

05-Nov-14
Looking at the McAlester site I was wondering if one guy shot two bucks.

Photo 1(upper left) and photo 8 (lower right).

Same guy, same bow, different deer?

Not a bad season.

05-Nov-14
Nice buck OK.

BIGO, let us know how it goes. I'll be there next weekend.

Stinkbait, better PM OK....lol.

06-Nov-14
SoDakSooner,

Already did! I got the scoop. OKStickSlinger is a great guy! Thanks go to him!

06-Nov-14
Lost Arra,

I agree. Also, pics #9 and #11 look like that guy killed 2 bigguns as well.

06-Nov-14
Dang...year of the double...

06-Nov-14
Those guys are both whitehats.

07-Nov-14
That doesn't surprise me. I've seen the guy in #9 and #11 with multiple big buck kills in the past.

Also, the guy on the top row wearing the St. Louis Cardinals hat with the funky racked buck is also a white hat. He is the Preacher who gives the sermon on Sunday mornings. He's a super nice guy!

10-Nov-14
Looks like a solid weekend last weekend. 24 bucks/23 does. 2 more rocks from what I can tell. Bucks must be really pushing the does around!

We'll see how the deer like a cold snap this weekend I guess.

10-Nov-14
This weekend I was in Hominy and honestly it was a pretty tough hunt. The deer weren't moving like we had hoped. Probably because of the full moon. They are just starting to rut good. The water oaks really produced a lot of acorns this year and that's what the deer were eating. 3 of 4 in my group got quality passes for shooting does including myself. The bigger bucks seemed to be in the creek bottoms which are really thick this year. One of my buddies found a trail crossing the road next to a creek and set up about 40 yds inside the timber on the ground since it was kinda late when he found the spot. He ended up having a stare down with a 170" + giant at around 4 that evening. The buck turned around and headed back where he came from never giving him a shot. Like always we did see several huge deer while driving in and out.

• Sitka Gear